Chapter 21: The Fest and The Fear

As promised, the father and daughter pair arrived at Taehyung's house early in the morning. Taehyung wanted to put in extra effort for showing his appreciation towards the invitation, thus he ended up packing food. He surprised himself by waking up early in the morning and baking for the two, something he had refused to do for years. But changes happen and Taehyung knew a lot of those changes were happening to him and his heart.

 As he was humming and carefully coming out to the courtyard, he saw Jungkook and Naeun making their way to the entrance. A huge smile appeared on his face seeing the cheerful duo and he thought what a wonderful way to start his day. Naeun rushed to him and as if a usual habit, Taehyung immediately held her up and hugged her.

"Tata, gooh morning."

 And what she did next surprised both of them. She kissed Taehyung's cheeks. She hadn't even kissed Jungkook's cheeks up until now.

Jungkook who was more than happy to witness this view added, "Hey that's not fair. You have never given your papa a kiss like that."

Naeun giggled and stretched from Taehyung's hold and gave a kiss on her papa's cheeks too which brought a huge smile on Jungkook's face.

"Now papah and tata, you give kissies to each other too." Naeun asked, innocently.

The two completely taken off guard by the request the little one was making were beyond shocked and blushing redder than the roses blossoming around in the surrounding.

While Taehyung lost his words in his throat, Jungkook immediately opened up and said, "Darling, if we don't rush now, the ice-cream man will go."

Terror came into her mind when she thought the ice-cream man would leave as she had been constantly telling her papah about wanting to have ice-cream and candies. So without wasting another second and hiding their shyness, the three left for the town.

The whole town was decorated beautifully. Though the war had finished, the after math and colonization by some comrades had made the whole atmosphere of the town gloomy and sad. Yet occasions like this brought together everyone and made them forget all their sorrows and pain. Everyone was smiling and laughing. There were so many attractions in the fest like stalls, games, mini markets and lot of other things. Taehyung was surprised that such preparation had been done over the night.

The three made sure to visit each and every one of the stall. They tasted different cuisines, played games, got themselves different items. Taehyung doesn't remember the last time since he has been this happy but his heart knew Jungkook's presence always made that possible. As they were passing by, Naeun's eyes were captured by a beautiful flower stall. She insisted her papah to take her there. The lady in the stall welcomed the three and showed the different varieties. Naeun's eyes were captured by the flower head band and she asked the shop owner to hand her one. She politely passed it to her.

"Let me help you with that princess" Jungkook said and needless to say, she did look like a princess.

Taehyung fake gasped and said, "My princess, you look beautiful. Your knight at your service". It was amazing how they got along so well.

Naeun giggled and then an idea popped in her head, " Tata, you wear flower too."

Jungkook thought it was a stupid request and went on to saying, "Tata doesn't wear that Nae—" but was cut midsentence when Taehyung asked, "Ok, how do I look?"