Chapter 37: The Questions and Answers

Everyone was settled in the living room. The room had a tense atmosphere for a reason which was different for everyone. Jessie, Mr Hitman, Mrs Park and Jihoon were tensed for they felt this visitor meant it was time for Taehyung to rerun back home. Yoongi was tensed because for some reason he just did not see the excitement in Taehyung's face in his presence. Was this longing to see him only one sided? Then there was Jungkook who was speechless. Every passing second seemed dreadful for him because one word out of the soldier's mouth and everything he shared would Taehyung would come to an end.

And finally there was Taehyung. He had so many questions in his mind yet he was answerless for the ones he would be asked to. All his work on the whereabouts about Jimin would be answered by Yoongi but what after that? Would Jimin come back? Would his relationship with Jungkook come to an end? Will he return back to his hometown like none of this existed? Will everyone get back to their lives as if this never even existed?

Everyone's chain of thoughts was broken when Yoongi spoke.

"Excuse me, if you don't mind, could  you please provide me a glass of water. The trip had me exhausted and dehydrated." He tried sounding as less burdensome as possible.

"Oh god, where are our manners. I am so sorry. I will get it right away." Mrs Park apologized rushing to the kitchen.

After drinking the water and settling the glasss down, Yoongi spoke. "I believe everyone is confused over my sudden presence. And I would like to apologize for coming as an uninvited guest. But I had some news." He looked at Taehyung as if he wanted his permission to break it to them.

Taehyung didn't want to seem like he was prying but he was hopeful that Yoongi's information about Jimin would make everyone in the room happy, especially Mrs Park and Jungkook. Now that Taehyung reflected on it, his quest to find about Jimin would bring happiness in everyone's life. Surprisingly, he was hopeful that Jimin's return would make everything correct. A part of him thought maybe Jungkook and him could focus on their future too. This wave of thoughts was creating an internal monologue in him when Yoongi called him out.

"Taehyung if you wouldn't mind, could I speak to you in private for a second?" Yoongi spoke, a bothered expression on his face.

But before he could spoke, Jungkook cut in. "If you don't mind, could you share it with all of us. If it is about Jimin, I believe it concerns us all."

Jungkook's voice and expression was unreadable. Was he irritated? Annoyed? Worried? Angry? Sad? Did the presence of Yoongi saddened him?

"It is quite a lot to take in Sir. I don't know how to put it." Yoongi spoke calmly.

"Please inform us. We have been dying to know about my son. I hope he is doing well" Mrs Park spoke, her motherhood dreading for any piece of information on Jimin.

Yoongi looked at Taehyung who nodded telling him to go ahead.

Yoongi took a long sigh and spoke, "Sir, Madam, I am deeply sorry and regret to inform you that Jimin is no more." He stood trying to be as respectful and considerate of breaking the news of the death.

Blank.

Everything in the room paused and halted momentarily. It seemed no one even had the ability to react for a second and then it happened.

Gasps and tears broke in the room suddenly . Mrs Park lost her balance where Jungkook rushed to hold her. Mr Hitman couldn't face everyone and turned around to wipe the tears falling down from his face. Jessie was shattered too but she was also aware of the two children that were present in the room. Trying her best to fight the tears urging to fall down from her eyes, she took the children out of the room promising them a tour of the town.