Chapter 22: The Medicine

The sun rays had entered the room partially through the curtains making the room dimly bright. Faint noises of giggles and utensils could be heard downstairs which woke Jungkook up. As he slowly opened his eyes and processed what had happened yesterday, he realized Taehyung was already gone like last time.

I couldn't expect him to be by my side and greet me morning. Jungkook thought to himself but the noises got his attention again. He slowly woke up and stretched himself slowly moving down towards the source of the noises. As he was about to enter the kitchen and call his daughter, the sight in front melted his heart.

Taehyung had two forks placed like horns on his head and he was holding onto them with his hands. He was running around the kitchen and Naeun was running away from him giggling and hustling like crazy.

"I will get you princess. I am a dangerous monster and I will get you" Taehyung was saying and running around making weird noises while Naeun was on the verge of falling from running and laughing so much. 

Jungkook was leaning against the kitchen door and looking at them in awe when Naeun saw her papa and came running to him.

"Papah, save me from the monster" she said and hid behind Jungkook's legs, holding onto them.

Taehyung stood frozen in the middle of kitchen still holding onto the forks on his head. He didn't realize when Jugkook got there and he must of have thought how dumb he looked. He was drowning in a pool of embarrassment when Jungkook decided to make it worse.

"Uhmmm, Mr. Monster, I think you should get your horns down."

Taehyung immediately retracted his hands down and crossed his arms behind him. He nervously smiled and said, "Good morning Jungkook."

Jungkook lifted Naeun in his arms and walked towards Taehyung, "Good morning Taehyung. I see you two were having an adventurous trip downstairs."

Trying to hide his embarrassment,  "Oh not really. I was preparing breakfast and when I was making the pancakes, Naeu---the pancakes, oh lord" Taehyung rushed to stove side and without thinking properly, he directly touched the hot spatula without using a mitten. Immediately, the heat burnt his hand and he shouted in pain, "Oucchhhh".

"Taehyung!!!!!!" Jungkook rushed keeping Naeun in the chair.  He grabbed Taehyung's hand and pulled him to the basin. His faced was filled with worry.

 "You have to be careful silly, how can you touch it so carelessly." Jungkook finished without even breathing and didn't even realize but he was scolding Taehyung .

On the other hand, though it stinged a little, the pain was bearable for Taehyung. What had his attention more fixated was how Jungkook was holding his hands under the water in basin and scolding him for being so careless. His heart warmed up with the idea of how much the other cared.

"Taehyung, taehyung are you even listening?"

 Taehyung was pulled out of his trance and he looked at the worried Jungkook and said, " I am fine Jungkook. It's not that big."

"Not big? Are you joking? Your palm looks so red. Are you out of your mind?"

It was a small burn but Jungkook had the whole household at the top of his lungs.

"Papah, what happened to Tata?" Naeun asked innocently, not understanding why her father was scolding Taehyung so much.

Jungkook realized he was slightly overreacting and maintained his calm. "Tata got a small wound in his hand dear, nothing much."

Naeun paused for a while in her and said, "Kiss it away papah. Like you give me kissy medicines." she added batting her eyes.

The two froze in front of the basin and didn't mutter a word when Jungkook finally decided to break the awkwardness.

"Nauen, you have been making very unnecessary demands these days. " Jungkook said, still not realizing he was holding Taehyung's hand.

" DOOOOOO ITTTTTTT PAPAAAAH, Tata will be in pain. DOOOOOO ITTTTT" Naeun said at the top of her lungs.

Jungkook was tired of her growing tantrums but what he heard next perked up his ears.

"Do it papa Jungkook" Taehyung said shyly, cheeks red with embarrassment from his bold move.

Now Jungkook was all up for giving kisses, he would be glad to do that the rest of his life but he didn't wake up this morning expecting this. But then again, he always knew he felt more than friendship for the other male.

He hesitantly lifted Taehyung's hand and brought it near his lips. Both of their hands were shaking and Taehyung was too nervous to even look at Jungkook. Right when he was about to kiss Taehyung's hand, Naeun interrupted, "Papa, you didn't say magic words. You have to say tata's name too."

"Oh there are magic words too" Taehyung asked, trying to hide his grin.

Jungkook was about to die out of embarrassment from his daughter's wish but he had to comply. He took a long sigh and and went for it,

Kisses kisses coming this way,

Take my  tata's pain away,

He loves milk, cookies and chips, 

If this doesn't work, he gets one on his lips.

To say being embarrassed would be an understatement but when he heard Taehyung literally giggling and laughing, his embarrassment went away. As Taehyung was too busy laughing with his eyes closed, Jungkook slowly took his hands to his soft lips and gave a gentle and sweet kiss which lasted for about 3 seconds.

The moment those lips fell onto his hand, Taehyung's breath hitched and his eyes widely opened. Jungkook slowly opened his eyes and as he slowly took their hands down, he looked straight into the eyes of Taehyung. Oh how he could get lost into those eyes.

They both nervously and shyly smiled and looked at each other. And in this moment of holding hands and sharing a short yet sweet bond, their hearts had realized that what they both felt was more than friendship. More importantly, the loss and grief the war had been paining them with so much,  was fading as they had become each other's source of healing, each other's happy medicines.