Chapter 43: The Parcel

Taehyung nervously fidgeted around the living room as he waited for Hoseok. The publication had promised the book would come out with a proper cover and additional notes as final copy in within a month. It's not like him nervously walking around room would make Hosoek arrive anytime soon but he was eager to see how it worked out.

""You have lost enough weight as of now, are you planning to lose more?"Jin spoke as he was working on his office documents.

"I know Hyung but I will go crazier if I sit down in one position." He spoke still not stopping.

You know Tae that you walking around isn't going to make Hobi reach here any time sooner right?"

"I know but this is better than sitting around plus I want to see how the book has turned out as soon as it arrives." He said.

"Well your wait is over Tae" Hosoek spoke, standing at the door.

"Hobi" Taehyung rushed to Hosoek and without even greeting him, he snatched the parcel from his hand and sat on the chair.

"Hello to you too" Hoseok spoke taking off his coat and sitting next to Jin.

"He has been restless since the morning" Jin explained Taehyung's behavior.

"I am not surprised"Hosoek looked at his friend who was carefully opening the parcel.

The moment the book came into his view, Taehyung's eyes filled with tears, pride and joy. He couldn't believe that his experiences and memories had materialized in the book. But more than that, he was happy that he could finally send this book to this club.

"About that" Taehyung spoke again, "I want to talk about the numbers of copies to be published."

"How many copies are you planning to make? Hosoek asked.

"One."

Yoongi and Hosoek were not sure if they heard Taehyung right because which author writes a whole book only for one orbital copy to be made.

"I am sorry, did you mean like one hundred or one thousand one or one-one" Hosoek asked completely confused.

Taehyung looked up and smiled, "I meant one Hosoek. The main reason I have been trying to write this book from the start was to send it out to Jungkook and the club. I had no intentions of sending it out in the market. I wrote it for them, not for people."

Hosoek and Yoongi knew it was crazy idea but given they knew the background, they also knew what it meant to Taehyung.

"Well, then don't we have to pick an amazing cover" Hosoek spoke, bringing a wide smile to his friend's face.

Taehyung looked at the book and spoke, "I have to write him a letter. I have to tell them about the book and send it out as soon as possible." Taehyung stood, rushing to his room. But Hosoek called him out.

"Tae, perhaps you should go there?"

Taehyung stopped mid-staircase and slowly turned around to look at his friend and brother.

Jin and Hosoek shared glances with each other and Jin spoke calmly.

"Tae, from the moment we knew that you had been writing this book for only them, we had this thought in our mind. I know this sounds absurd but we feel that your happiness lies best with him and maybe you should live with someone who makes you happy."

Taehyung was not being able to understand what the two were saying. "What do you mean by that?" He asked completely puzzled.

"What he means is" Hosoek spoke "that we want you to go there, hand him the book in person and if possible, hand him your heart too which seems to have stopped beating ever since you came here."

The words hit him hard but he didn't know if he had the courage to face Jungkook, especially when it had been months without a single word.

Taehyung looked at Jin and he nodded giving him a assurance that it was time for him to follow his heart.

In months Taehyung felt as if his heart and soul had been awakened with the idea of seeing Jungkook again. But he was scared, what if Jungkook had moved on already.

"But what if he has moved on already?" Taehyung asked, genuinely scared of the scenario.

"If he's the person you have talked him to be and what you share is pure love, he would be waiting Tae" Jin spoke, cupping his cheeks.

"Thank you Hyung" he cried and hugged his brother.

"Now, your train leaves tomorrow morning, so you might want to pack and get ready for the trip. It's going to be a long one Tae" Hosoek smiled handing him the ticket.

Taehyung was thankful that he had friends and family in life who understood him more than anyone. He hugged the two and went to pack his bags, waiting for the next day to arrive as soon as possible.

The next day arrived awfully late for Taehyung who hadn't even slept with the idea of seeing Jungkook in months. He had rushed to station bidding his farewell to his loved ones with full excitement. With every passing station, Taehyung's heart was pumping so hard that it seemed that at one point, it would come out of his mouth. He couldn't believe that after 6 months of struggle he was finally about to see the face he had been longing to see with all his heart, soul and mind. He kept thinking of scenarios of what would he say to Jungkook or how will they meet. Would he hug him or kiss him or simply wave? Would they cry in each other's embrace after seeing one another after so long. He couldn't control his thoughts that were moving faster than the train. And when finally he arrived at the boat station, he realized, a few meters of distance and he would be close to Jungkook.

All his giddy thoughts and emotions were making him float like the boat floating in the water. As he approached the deck, he remembered his encounter with Jungkook where the man had saved him from falling down and the memory brought a sweet smile to his face. He carefully got off the boat and walked towards the market.

He doesn't know if it was fate or a miracle but right when he was about to head towards Jihoon's shop, he saw Jungkook walking towards a cafe. His heart momentarily paused and so did the surrounding. He couldn't believe that the man he had been eagerly waiting to see was walking right in front of his eyes. He wanted to scream, shout his name out loud but his voice seemed to have caught up in his throat. He was being overwhelmed with emotions.

But before he could call out for him, he saw Jungkook walking towards another male figure who happily welcomed him into his warm embrace. Unfamiliar with the figure, Taehyung was a little confused but all the came crashing down when he saw how the other man place a soft kiss on Jungkook's cheek and looked at him shyly. Taehyung felt that all his thoughts and scenarios which he had thought of upon meeting Jungkook came down crashing. He felt, maybe he came a little too late.