Chapter 44: The Imagination

"Oh I will definitely catch you both" Jungkook ran around his daughter and the male figure in the farm, which they had just finished arranging with the new set of animals.

The two were laughing off and running around, covered in mud when Jungkook approached the male figure and caught him.

"I got you Taehyung" he laughed, as he wrapped his arms around him.

But his laughter died midway when he realized it was Eunwoo. He felt horrible when he saw the saddened reaction of Eunwoo and the worse part was this wasn't even the first time it had happened.

It had been around three month since Jungkook and Eunwoo had started dating. Despite the fact that Jungkook felt it was okay to move on, it seemed as if his heart and mind was stuck up in time and with another person. Every now and then, he would call Eunwoo as Taehyung and this had certainly made the whole thing even more difficult. Similarly, their relationship had only resolved to tiny gestures like holding hands or kisses on the cheeks as Jungkook just didn't feel it was right to move beyond that. More like it was unfair.

Eunwoo was trying his level best to be understanding. In one of the instances when Jungkook had addressed him by that name again, he had asked him to share what really happened in the past and Jungkook had poured his heart into the story. It was evident to Eunwoo that Jungkook had deeply fallen in love with Taehyung and perhaps he still is, but he held on to his faith hoping things would eventually unfold in a different way.

But every passing day seemed to be a reminder to him that Jungkook was barely moving on. It wasn't only Jungkook's fondness that made him realize the impact Taehyung had in their lives as even Naeun would time and again question where Taehyung was and how things would be fun if he were here. He felt like an outsider who was trying to occupy someone else's place in a family. Jungkook had reassured him that he would eventually move on but his actions spoke otherwise.

"I am so sorry" Jungkook spoke, loosing his grip around Eunwoo.

"It's okay Jungkook" Eunwoo replied showcasing his crescent-eyed smile.

Their awkward tension was broken off when the little one shouted that she was hungry and the two laughed off to clean themselves.

Under the warmth of the shower water, Jungkook was reflecting on his own words and actions. It had been months since he last saw Taehyung and to this day, he hadn't been able to let go of him and his memories from his heart. The pain was bearable, it certainly was, but it was always there. Like a hole in his heart that was existent despite the heart beating in its own.

On another hand, he also felt guilty about the whole Eunwoo situation. He knew he wasn't being fair to him at all. He had tried to console himself that he would eventually fall for the boy but little did he know, the heart wants what it wants. He felt that he couldn't hang on to a false hope and make a kind man as Eunwoo wait on him while he didn't even offer the slightest warmth of what it meant to be in a relationship. Or worse, constantly call him by your lover's name.

Washing off the thoughts, he dried and dressed up joining the two at the table.

"Jungkook, I heard that since the colonizers have gradually started losing control over the town, the town people are deciding to celebrate with a fest. I think it would be a good idea if we could go together?"

Jungkook could sense the anticipated and eager tone in Eunwoo's voice. And didn't want to sadden him more, that too within the same day.

"We would love to, wouldn't we princess?" Jungkook asked his daughter.

"Yes papa, and-and we can get on the boat like we did with Tata and even take a picture." She beamed excitedly.

There it was, again.