37

Y/N arrived at his building with the usual look on his face, the cold and unbothered expression. Taylor and Ysa walked two steps away from behind, following him towards the elevator that brought them straight to the top floor. There, some employees greeted him good morning but he just made eye contact and said nothing, being his usual self in the office.

As the door opened, he was the first one to come out. He closed the button of his suit and took a deep breath before entering the conference room where every head of each department and the board settled on their own seats. Silence occupied the large room, his footsteps was the only thing heard. Y/N's eyes landed on Chaeyoung's who stood up from her chair as soon as he walked in.

"Good morning." Chaeyoung whispered and gave him a smile, a worried one.

"Good morning, Chaeng." He smiled shortly and accompanied on the chair beside his vice chairman. "Good morning, everyone."

After everyone greeted him back, Ysa handed him and Chaeyoung a thick folder, containing the information and upgrades of the company's product. One from the board stood up and took the floor, the lights slowly dimmed as the projector flashed on the board in front of them.

---

The meeting lasted for an hour, after more further corrections for the product that is to be released the next day, Y/N stood up from his chair and walked back towards his office. Chaeyoung walked beside him and followed his steps in silence, a sigh escaped his lips as he closed the door.

"Do you think we'll be able to do better than our rival, Y/N?"

Y/N gave the blonde a worried look, unsure of what answer to give. He thought the same, he doesn't know either if they will be able to make more sales than they did before.

"I don't know, Chaeng." Y/N sat on the small couch on the middle of the room and closed his eyes for a while. He could hear the woman open one of his cabinets inside the drawer, glass clanging together until he felt her sit beside him. Chaeyoung was opening a bottle of champagne, pouring equal amounts on two wine glasses. He took one and took a sip, shaking his head lightly.

"Do you think we'll make it?" Chaeyoung spoke worriedly and twirled the glass between her fingers, leaning her head on his shoulders.

"We should." He spoke and finished the liquid on his glass with one sip. "We should make it."

The two stayed in complete silence, except when Chaeyoung filled their glass with the liquor. Y/N's head was filled with too much problems, not only of his work, but including the fact that he kept dreaming about the past. Dreaming about his bestfriend dying didn't give him any peace, all he knew is he has too come back there to make sure everything is fine.

"Chaeyoung-ah."

"Wae?"

"I have to go back to Joseon." He spoke with full persistence.

"What?" The woman lifts her head up and looked at him with confusion, placing her glass on the table in front of them. "Are you crazy?"

"No." Y/N chuckled and faced the woman with a smile. "I'm serious about this."

"Why?" She spoke without understanding.

"I've been dreaming about them. Mingyu, he died. His family died, t-then... my cousin. He's alive." He spoke shakily, remembering his dreams made his heart clench in pain. "I have to make sure that they're fine."

"They're fine, Y/N. It's just... dreams. Nightmares."

"But I still want to make sure, Chaeng. I have to make sure."