45

A week.

Y/N promised Chaeyoung that it might take a week before he comes home, and that's what Chaeyoung expected. But until Irene left the country, until she was almost drowning under the stack of paper works that the company gave her, until she got enough. She waited for many nights for his return, checking the two books multiple times before going to sleep, or maybe she won't get any sleep at all. Hours and days passed, weeks then turned into months.

Then today, it has been a year.

It has been a year since she started pretending that everything was fine, that she could handle everything that Y/N left behind, including Irene. She faked everything she showed the press and the employees, keeping her smile every time that there are cameras or people around her. She pretended that she could manage her schedules perfectly; practice in the morning, then a CEO after noon. There was no day that she felt herself fine, Chaeyoung swore that any time soon, she could just collapse all of a sudden.

Today, Chaeyoung had just arrived from California after their performance in Coachella and their world tour in North America. After she set foot at Incheon International Airport, she separated ways from her group mates and rode with Taylor, who brought her into the company right away. She had to attend a board meeting despite her exhaustion, good thing she had a tiny-bit chance of sleeping at the plane.

As she stepped out of the conference room, the acting CEO heaved a sigh and pulled out her phone, noting some important points from their meeting. She never thought that being the head of a young but large company would be that tiring, she never knew that Y/N felt like this every day.

It was hard, not having her bestfriend around. Y/N was the person she could lean on, he was the best friend that she could tell every little secrets about her—aside from the girls; Jennie, Jisoo and especially Lisa.

"Do you want me to get you something to drink, Ms. Park?" Rosé heard Ysa speak from behind her. She flashed a faint smile before shaking her head, then she went inside her office—Y/N's office.

The woman kicked off her heels and wore the over-sized slippers that Y/N owned, she jumped on the couch before she continued typing on her phone. But then the door opened, she glanced at the door and saw Ysa step inside, the secretary was holding a tray with a small plate containing pieces of biscuits, then a cup of tea.

"Oh, Ysa." Rosé spoke in awe, frowning a little. "You're always so sweet."

"Don't get me wrong, I know you said no. But you need to eat, Chaeng."

After a year of almost—just almost living at Joo Enterprises' building, she got even closer to Y/N's secretary and treated her like a friend.

"Thank you." Rosé sighed and tapped the space beside her, inviting the woman to sit. She reached towards the small platter and took a piece of the biscuits then took a bite. "Mm! These are amazing!"

"Mr. Joo told me to serve you these cookies while he's gone." Ysa smiled.

After Y/N's disappearance, Rosé—as the acting CEO of Joo Enterprises—needed to make up a story and informed everyone that Y/N Joo had to fly abroad to cure his sickness. Rosé told the press that it was cancer, Acute lymphocytic leukemia. It was somehow funny, lying to the public.

"Do you know where he got this?" She asked with the words somewhat unclear, but Ysa understood it.

"They're from Paris, if I'm not mistaken." Ysa smiled. "How are you feeling? You seem really tired, Ms. Park."

"If you just know." She laughed a little. "No paper works for me?"

"Well, there's none as of now." Her secretary stood up from the seat and lightly bowed, hinting that she was about to leave the room. But as Rosé watched her movements, Ysa seemed bothered by something that she called her name in an instant.