Epilogue II

Your POV

Staring at the ceiling, I focused on thinking.

What is she hiding from me?

"You should really stop drinking coffee," Rosé spoke from the background. I shook my head and glanced at her quickly to see her working on her laptop while seated on the couch inside my office.

"No, I feel it. I know she's keeping something." I insisted.

Rosé narrowed her eyes, trying to figure out what I was thinking. I know, it was ridiculous!

Why would Irene hide something from me?

Why would she even think of keeping something from me?

"I don't comprehend," Chaeyoung sighed. "That's really impossible. She wouldn't do that—she could never."

I read her eyes. Rosé made her own conclusion that didn't match mine, but I knew what she was thinking.

Cheating.

"Of course, she would never do that. I wasn't talking about that," I scoffed.

It has been a month after a decided to come back to work. A month of just seeing Irene in the morning when I wake up and in the evening when I get home. Nothing has changed between us, we talked normally just like all the other days but her eyes were telling a different thing.

She has something to say, but couldn't tell me directly.

And I'm getting sick of it.

Standing from my seat, I took my bag. "You know what, I going home. We're in need of a serious talk."

"Sure, you don't have any schedules for the rest of the day." Rosé chuckled. "But please, be calm and careful while talking to her."

Chaeyoung's eyes glistened as she grinned.

"Do you know something?" I walked up to her, crossing my arms. Chaeyoung immediately brushed her smile off and quickly shook her head.

"No!" She stood abruptly, causing a chuckle to escape my lips.

"You're so bad at lying, Chaeng." Patting my bestfriend's head, I stepped to leave the office. I watched Chaeyoung frown as he watched me, probably feeling sorry for Irene that she hasn't kept her promise to keep a secret.

Atleast now I know that it wasn't a bad thing since Irene told Chaeyoung.

After leaving my office, I briefly informed Ysabelle that I had to leave early. My secretary just bid a goodbye, immediately calling Taylor to prepare the car home. During the drive, Taylor and I kept silent the whole time until a very deep sigh escaped my lips.

"What's wrong?" Taylor spoke, tuning down the volume of his favorite radio station.

"Did Irene talked to you these past days?" I asked. I was desperate, I really had to know. As much as I wanted it to come from her, I had to have an idea. I needed to get ready for whatever it is, because from what I can see, it's something very serious.

Staring at Taylor through the rear view mirror, I tried throwing him an intimidating gaze to make him tell the truth.

"I did not," Taylor shrugged, glancing quickly. He doesn't seem too affected, making me realize that he was telling the truth. He doesn't know anything, does he? "Why, did you two fight?"

"It's nothing like that," I shook my head and frowned. "I just think she's keeping something from me. And Chaeyoung seems to know something,"

"Chaeyoung?" Taylor chuckled. "If your wife didn't want to let you know something, then she made a wrong move on telling Park."