55

With a heavy heart, I followed.

I followed Taylor's steps from behind, the secretary guided me along the narrow hallway of the large hospital, my hands didn't stop shaking together with my knees that trembled, God, I couldn't stay still.

After the call, I rushed myself to a quick and cold shower to make sure I was fully awake and wasn't dreaming. I wore the same clothes from last night but didn't bother to put on make-up, I didn't have enough time until Taylor came standing in front of the apartment's door, behaving like the good secretary that he was while wearing his usual wardrobe, a suit and tie.

He guided me towards the car and the drive only lasted for thirty minutes, but it was too long for me. I was bored, I was nervous, I was excited.

I felt millions of things.

He was dead.

Y/N left me, he already did.

But now, he's alive.

He came back.

Did my wish really work? Was I the reason why he's alive right now? Am I the reason why he's back?

Did I really rewrite our fate?

Through... the stars?

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, trying to calm myself. Don't think too much, he'll notice. Believe, Joo-hyun. Believe in him.

What does he look like?

After two years, it was just now that I realized I already forgot what he looked like. I forgot how his arms felt like around me, I forgot how it feels when his lips touches mine.

Does he remember me?

What if he hits his head on a rock and forgets me? What am I gonna do?

"Ms. Bae?" Taylor called that brought my feet to a stop, we paused walking in front of a large door, I could see a large glass on the wall but I couldn't quite see what's inside. "We're here."

My heart thumped louder.

One loud heartbeat.

Two loud heartbeats.

Then three.

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move, I couldn't think.

I was paralyzed on where I stood, I was frozen.

I let Taylor witness how stunned I was, I let him see the nervousness inside me. He saw how my hands trembled, my fingers bumped into each other while the tip of my fingers felt cold and numb. My eyes stared straight at the door, how I wanted to open it. How I wanted to barge inside and wrap both arms around his body tightly, how I wanted to kiss him and tell him how much I miss him.

But I couldn't.

"He's here?" I muttered.

"The doctor advised to bring him to the ICU but after the operation, they saw that Mr. Joo's vitals are stable. He didn't need to be in the ICU but the doctors need to look over him so they brought him here in the HDU room."

"Is he okay?" I asked.

Taylor narrowed his eyes at me, crossing his arms as he allowed his gaze to look at the glass on the door. A smile came out of his lips as he stared on what's inside, it made my heart beat faster.

Why did he smile? Is Y/N awake?

"Why don't you see for yourself, Irene?" The man suggested, never looking away from the glass. "He's waiting for you."