Chapter Forty One

Word Count: 1539

~Jada

There weren't many options for me to consider.

I could either grab his wrist and snap it, hoping immortal bones are as fragile and mortal bones. Or I could let him get away with it, since he's greed, and he gets everything he wants. Or, I could tell Kael what he is up to, and watch him deal with the wrath or an immortal, who also happens to be a sin.

Instead, I grab at his hand before it can move any further up my thigh. Digging my fingernails into his skin as hard as I can, I watch Cian's reaction. He simply looks at me, smiling subtly.

Sinful's eyes seem to wander, noticing the commotion on this end of the table. "Is everything okay there brother."

"Don't touch me," I snap at Cian.

"Come on brother, just because we don't have mates who want us doesn't mean we get to play around with others," Sinful mutters, smiling as he takes a sip of water. Cian finally pulls his hand away from my thigh, thankfully. I was close to lashing out and doing more than just digging fingernails into his skin.

"I'm glad you don't have a mate, you don't deserve one," I growl at him, feeling physically disgusted by his touch. He may have the exterior of the typically attractive Immortal, but it doesn't faze me to any degree.

Kael leans across the table, the tension and anger coming from him seems to be cutting through the air. "Don't touch my mate again, or I'll kill you."

"I dare you to, Alpha."

Sinful slams his fist down on the table so suddenly, it makes us all startle, including Cian. Sitting back in my chair, I fold my arms over my chest. Kael still glares threateningly at Cian still, but doesn't say anymore. I can practically feel how much he is fuming from beside me, however, he knows he isn't going to get any information out of Sinful like this.

"We do have mates, Sinful. Yours just doesn't like you very much, and mine doesn't know she's not just my mate, but also an Alpha's," Cian says with a smile suggesting he is hiding something solemn underneath.

"It's surprisingly how love isn't just handed to those who are cruel," Kael says softly, pushing on something that is clearly sensitive to these immortals.

I can't blame him.

"I wouldn't say being cruel has anything to do with it. I'm sure she will chose me over him," Cian says confidently. I'm curious about what is going on between Cian in his mate, however, I don't pry anymore. I don't want him to thank I have any interest in him at all. He's disgusting, and I hope his mate does the right thing and chooses her other mate over him.

Sinful clears his throat, concentrating his attention on Kael, rather than his talkative brother. "Anyways, I assume you would like to talk about your mother, since this is what this dinner is about."

"As long as your brother doesn't touch my mate again," Kael mutters. I don't mention anything about my plans to snap his wrist apart.

Who knows how they would react to that.

"Ignore Cian, he's just bored," Sinful says, his gaze flickering to me. He's clearly enjoying seeing Kael so bothered. Those violet eyes might hide a lot, but they don't hide that. He's a cunning man, which I'm about to see come to fruition in front of me. He's double crossed Kael, I can just sense it. "Now, to the point."

"Yes, the point," Kael seethes, fidgeting with the silverware in his hand. I breathe in deeply, running my hand up and down his back, feeling the tension beneath my fingertips. If this weren't Sinful's home with all this power, my mate would attack him.