Chapter Forty Six

Word Count: 1585

~Jada

At first, I didn't know if he was serious.

A half smile slipped onto my face as I readied myself to turn him down. To let him know this isn't me admitting to him that I love him, and want to be with him over Kael. However, it doesn't seem that that idea was flirting with his mind, as an almost sinister expression moves across his face. I freeze, realising this might not be as innocent as I first assumed.

"I just thought we could talk is all. I would like to fix things," I murmur, leaning he palms of my hands against the office desk. Axel takes a few steps forward, folding his arms over his chest. In that moment, I looked into his eyes and felt genuine fear.

"Things will be fixed. I guarantee it. After this, Kael will see what a whore you are," I hear him growl. Immediately I sense what he is about to do.

He is going to do something truly horrible to me.

"Axel please, we can talk about this," I say, moving around the desk to the other side. He remains opposite me, looking at me with that sick, demented gaze. What happened to him? Over all these years, has he been drawn to this craziness, or has he been like this all this time? Even when we were friends as young children.

"I spent my entire life wanting you. And you spit in my face like this," he snaps. I flinch, as he grabs a fistful of paperwork from the desk, throwing it around him. It flutters gracefully to the ground, but it's the movement that makes me frightened. There's no end to his aggression.

I look at the door, but it's safely set behind him. Running for it would give him the chance to grab me, but it might be my only choice.

And it's definitely not a good one.

"Listen, okay...I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to lose my parents and be brought here. I didn't know you would come here and do this to yourself, I really didn't," I plead with him. He narrows his eyes on me, as if he doesn't believe me. As if he has truly convinced himself I'm out to get him, and that I'm with Kael as a way to make him jealous.

"You didn't wait for me," he murmurs. I decide now is going to be the last chance I have to get out of here. Dashing around the right side of the desk, I make a reach for the lock on the door, managing to flick it open before he grabs at my arm.

My scream as he yanks me back to him seems futile; no one immediately runs to my rescue. He wraps his arms around me, holding me tight enough to leave no room.

I'm truly done for.

He wrestles me against the desk as we fight against each other. I want to ask him why he is doing this to me, but I know why. Because he wants to ruin me for my mate. Little does he know, Kael would never be bothered by this, and would have Axel killed immediately. He also doesn't know I'm planning on getting out of this.

Axel pins my arms down with his hands, however, he doesn't take care for my legs. I reach one up as far as it goes, kicking him in the knee. There isn't a crack, but he growls, hissing through his teeth.

Before he can do react again, I loosen my hand from his grip, reaching up to strike him right in the nose with my fist. He stumbles back, holding his face.

He doesn't take as long to recover as I assumed he would.

Right as I was about to dodge around him and make a run for it, he strikes me right back in the face, hitting my jaw this time instead of my nose. It's an instant spark of sharp pain that flashes bright light in my vision, making me dizzy for a moment. Without any remorse at all, I bring my leg up right between his legs before I run out, leaving him whimpering on the floor.