Ch. 5

You sipped your iced lemonade slowly, as you waited for you heartbeat to calm down. You didn't know why your brain (or heart) was making such a big deal out of this awkward encounter. The dude was handsome, but he wasn't necessarily your type of guy. You preferred the reserved, shy boys that were so sweet and caring. So sweet that they seemed almost feminine.

This man definitely was the opposite.

Now, for you, love at first sight was bullshit. You can't fall in love just by physical appearance. But, boy oh boy, this one made you feel weird.

You lacked in many aspects of talent, but one skill you regained was the gift of keen observation. The guy may have sounded rude and cliche, but he also seemed to sound... frustrated? His eyebrows were a bit furrowed, and his eyes, a bit weary. As if he was working from dusk till dawn.

He also smelled really nice.

-

(P.O.V. SWITCH TO CHAN)

"What took you so long, boss?"

The young man took the last sip of iced water from the cold cup and then disposed of it in the trash can. He pursed his lips and sighed, "A girl bumped into me and delayed my way here."

Changbin smirked. "Was she cute at least?"

Chan death glared his right-hand man. He knew just how to piss him off—by mentioning the mere thought of romance.

"No, she's not my type," Chan responded hastily. "A bit too childish for my taste."

"Woah there, cowboy," Changbin teased. "Don't go falling in love just yet. Jin already has you set up."

This comment earned a smack on the head for Binnie with the latest Cosmopolitan magazine.

Seungmin and Hyunjin walked in the meeting room and laughed in unison.

"Dumbass."

"Shut the fuck up, I'm higher-ranking than both of you assholes."

"That's where you fuck Felix in."

"You hoes—"

"SORRY!! WE TAKE IT BACK! CHAAAAN!!"

The young mafia boss simply looked at the two as Changbin pulled out his glock and started chasing the two younger members with it. Chan smiled tiredly. This is what he was going to miss after his dumb marriage.

-
(BACK TO YOU)

"Hello? Earth to (y/n)?"

Your mother waved her hand in front of your face, which helped you to dissolve back into reality.

The thought of the handsome, mysterious guy left you thinking a lot—even during the cake testing. Huh. Weird. You weren't one to stray away from the thought of food.

Your grandmother pushed plates toward you, filled with slices of almost every flavored cake slice to ever exist: red velvet, chocolate ganache, strawberry mascarpone, vanilla custard.

Thanks to your indecisiveness, you couldn't choose a flavor. However, your brain strayed enough from the mystery man to help you choose the tres leches cake. You remember having it from Porto's, and you simply fell in love. Was it really sweet? Hell yes. But, it would be your wedding day and you wouldn't care if anyone else scrutinized your near-diabetic choices.

The three of you finished the cake tasting and walked out of the bakery, heading toward the car. As you reached for the handle to open the car door, a bullet passed the side of your ear. You held your breath. If you moved just a hair breadth's away, you could've been dead.

But you weren't.

You took the opportunity of shock to move your mother and grandmother out of the direction of the bullet, and behind the opposite side of the car. You mentally cursed. Of course you would be targeted! And why did they have to shoot your beloved car? They are PLAIN EVIL. The assholes continued to shoot at the side of your automobile.

You looked around frantically. Wouldn't your grandfather have sent help by now? As you were the youngest, and most vulnerable in the mafia family, all your relatives had your location.

Inside, you were panicking. Will I die?, you thought to yourself. What will happen after?

Before you could continue your steady train of thoughts, you heard the sound of another gun. But this one sounded different than the one that shot at you.

It sounded like it came from a farther distance.
And, thankfully, the bullets stopped firing. Hesitantly, you looked up, and saw no one. You then helped your mother and grandmother get to their feet. Your grandmother too looked anxious, and your mother was breathing raggedly.

Your mom pulled her phone out quickly and called someone. "You bastard! Where were you? We could've died, you idiot!"

That was probably your father.

Your grandmother, on the other hand, stroked your arm gently. "We're okay, we're okay," she said quietly.

After a good few seconds of yelling, your mother finished talking to your dad. "Thank God SKZ got to us before our enemies did. They speculate that the Russian mafia shot at us, but one of SKZ's snipers took them out."

You nodded, barely taking in any of the information. You were still in shock, the adrenaline pumping steadily through your veins.

"Mrs. (y/l/name)!"

The three of you craned your necks to find the speaker. Squinting into the distance, you saw a small group of young men, around your age, closing in distance toward you. They all carried firearms and looked around their surroundings every few seconds. They wore black masks with an insignia on it, which you thought was pretty badass.

There were about four but the three shielded the fourth member behind them. They all looked alert and had their hands positioned in trigger discipline. Though they all looked around your age, they were way better-looking. One looked like he was still in his emo phase, but had pretty muscular arms. One looked like a flower-boy model. One looked too soft to be carrying a gun.

You wondered how the last one would look like.

"Are you all alright?"

Your eyebrows slightly furrowed. That voice sounded familiar. Where did you hear it from?

The three men moved out of the way to reveal the fourth member in the middle.

Your eyes widened.

It was the guy you bumped into.

You were fucked.

°

i worked out my abs but then i made some brownies, so, shit.

- erica