Ch. 22

-

-

"You look so wonderful in your dress,

I love your hair like that.

The way it falls on the side of your neck,

down your shoulders and back."

-

"Jesus Christ, (Y/N), just sign the fucking paper already!" Soobin exclaimed, sighing for the umpteenth time. Your exasperated cousin had been observing you practicing your signature on a napkin for the past five minutes. Needless to say, he and the others were losing patience. "Wait--I need to do one more," You said, the fountain pen cap in between your teeth as you concentrated on your last practice signature. After signing your name off with a delicate curve, you took the now inky napkin and flung it at Yeonjun's face. He pried it off with two fingers and tossed it into the nearby trashcan. Beomgyu placed an official copy of the document in front of you.

All eyes were on you. Cracking your knuckles instinctively and rotating your wrists, you rested the tip of the pen on the surface of the paper and then signed your name on the line.

It came out quite nice.

Your cousins sighed in relief, and everyone began to applaud. Smiling shyly, you handed the document to Taehyun, who placed it carefully inside a secure folder. You spotted Chan giving you a thumbs-up, and you returned it with your own awkward hand sign. He forced down a laugh at your failed attempt to look laid back. I probably looked like I just threw a gang sign, you thought. Your fiance made his way towards you, among the various mafia members. After shaking hands with some random person, you pretty much just threw yourself into his arms.

He chuckled and engulfed you in a hug. "Congrats on becoming the new leader of BTS, Miss (L/N)." Your heart skipped a beat when he called you "Miss". Maybe it was because your wedding was the next day. You still weren't accustomed to the fact that you were actually going to marry Christopher Bang. The fact that your last name and title would change. The fact that you would wear his ring on your finger for the rest of your life. The fact that you would have to go on a honeymoon with him and everyone knows what happens during honeymoons.

Chan must have sensed your worry. He slightly pulled you away from his chest, just enough to examine your nervous expression. Rubbing circles on your forearms, he said, "Hey, don't worry, okay? I'll be right beside you every step of the way. Let's just chill for today." You met his eyes, and almost instantly, you were hit with a wave of calm.

Sighing, and walking out of the BTS mansion with him arm-in-arm, you replied, "I guess I can rest for a bit."

"That's what I like to hear."