Ch. 6

(CHAN'S P.O.V.)

It was the girl from earlier.

Unfortunately.

He mentally facepalmed. Chan acted so rude upon their first encounter. Now his fiancé probably hates him. I'm such a dumbass, he thought.

He clenched his jaw. The other members looked at him, awaiting his conversation with the other three women. Chan cleared his throat and spoke in lower-than-normal voice, "We should all probably get to our headquarters. It's closer than Jin's territory."

The grandmother and what seemed to be the mother, nodded in agreement. Their eyes were still widened in shock from the event. He couldn't say anything, though. If he were in their shoes, he too would be silent. They almost died.

On the other hand, Changbin, Hyunjin, and Seungmin tried hard to suppress their laughs as they guided Jin's relatives to their bulletproof minivan. Chan raised his eyebrows in suspicion. What did they find so funny now?

Hyunjin opened the doors for the women, and helped them into the backseats. He gave them a soft smile and a reassuring, "We'll keep you safe." He grinned after seeing the slight blush on the grandmother and mother's faces. Ah, his boyish charm always came in handy. He closed the door, and then frowned after turning to face the rest of the group. He realized the youngest woman was unfazed from his flower-boy chivalry and handsomeness.

"What the hell did I do now?" Chan asked. He was genuinely confused. And annoyed.

Finally, the other three men burst into hysterical laughter. Chan closed his eyes and sighed. These guys were lucky he thought of them as brothers. Or else he would've killed all of them right now, just from the way they were clowning him.

"Boss, sorry, but uh, " Seungmin spoke as he held his chest. He struggled to speak, as his laughter was too busy taking up all the space in his lungs. "You sounded weird when you talked."

"Yeah, you changed your pitch," Changbin wheezed. "Don't tell me it was an attempt to make yourself sound manly?"

Chan exhaled forcefully through his nose in annoyance. He waited for the laughter to die down, which took some time.

Finally, Hyunjin wiped away the tears of laughter from his eyes. "Good thing we don't have women at SKZ, man. You would be the laughingstock of the ladies." He patted Chan's back warmly. "Too bad your good looks are a waste. You suck ass with girls."

"And two of them are old... how are you so awkward?"

"Guys, stop making fun of the boss, it's not his fault."

"He needs to get laid."

Chan shoved Hyunjin's arm off him and pursed his lips. He already knew he was a fool with women. Except for his mom. He's a mama's boy.

But he's been getting secret lessons from Minho about the opposite gender... so joke's on them.

"Get your non-existent minds back on the mission, you idiots. And you better be on your toes-- these are Jin's relatives, and if anything bad happens to them, we're fucked," Chan spoke in a commanding tone. He should've chose the more obedient members, like Woojin or Jeongin, to accompany him. These ones drove him crazy with their dumb antics.

Nonetheless, they complied, and got inside the car. Chan plopped himself in the driver's seat, Changbin in the passenger's. As he started the engine, he sneaked a quick glance in the rear view mirror, and found your face.

He gazed discreetly upon your side profile, as you rested your head against the window, waiting for the car to move.

Chan began the drive to SKZ headquarters, and when the car stopped at a red light, he laid his head against the headrest. His eyes subconsciously found your figure in the mirror again. You were asleep, along with your grandmother and mother, tired from the day's events. He chewed the inside of his cheek as he watched a stray hair fall into your sleeping face. Chan instinctively smiled.