Ch. 18

"Hiding every cloud under a smile,

when there's cameras.

And I just can't reach out to tell you,

that I always wonder what you're up to."

-

The faintest rays of sun streamed through your window, your pale curtains failing to restrain the light from entering your room. You woke up to the soft chirping of birds outside, but despite the beautiful songs they made for you, the need to sleep throughout the afternoon kicked in. You frowned at your dumb choice to stay up late the night before, and snuggled further into Chan's chest.

Wait. 

Chan?

Your eyes opened quicker than the speed of sound and you pushed your fiance off your bed. In response, he too woke up and gave you a "why the fuck did you do that?" face. You pulled off the bed covers and gave out a sigh of relief. You were wearing your hoodie and pajama shorts, meaning nothing regretful happened last night. Thank God. 

Chan, on the other hand, was rubbing his eyes. You stole a few glances at him and fought back the urge to openly squeal. He was adorable after waking up from a nap. Your fiance caught you staring at him and scowled, "That hurt."

You gave a sheepish smile and shrugged. "I panicked." He rolled his eyes and stood up from the floor, stretching his arms and then jumping back on your bed. Your eyes widened at his action, and you physically yelled when he pulled you from your sitting position. A second later, the two of you were back to where you started.

Chan inhaled deeply, enjoying your faint scent. He tightened his arms around your waist and placed his chin on your shoulder, where your intoxicating vanilla aroma was strongest. You realized you had stopped breathing, and when Chan's respiration began to steady, so did yours. Did this idiot fall asleep again, you thought. Oh well. The feel of his skin and sweater and his warmth made you instinctively wrap your arms around him. You began to slowly caress his chocolate brown hair, its softness tempting you to fall asleep again. 

Before you could start your second sleep of the day, Chan said in a low voice, "I like this." You furrowed your eyebrows, and replied, "You mean... cuddling?" 

He chuckled in response. 

"Only if it's with you."