Ch. 15

"I want to remain,

"I want to remain,

I want to dream more.

Even so, what I'm saying is

That it's time to leave."

-

You felt as if you were flying, like a rider on a roller coaster when the fun reaches its high. Unfortunately, this was no ride. And this roller coaster was definitely not fun. But the adrenaline and anticipation from riding a roller coaster continued to course through your veins. The nine members of SKZ split into two cars--Felix, Jisung, Hyunjin, Jeongin, and Seungmin's intel group driving in the back; Woojin, Changbin, Minho, and Chan's group driving in the front. You sat next to Chan in the black Ford SUV. Your mind was erupting with thoughts and your throat fought back a sob.

Your fiance's eyes flickered to your face every once in a while.

Minho held your hand softly and lightly squeezed it whenever you trembled.

The ride was unusually silent.

For you, this was good. A talkative atmosphere was not to your taste during this period of time. Your grandfather's sudden death seemed to have paused SKZ's normal, rowdy auras. Their quietness was comforting.

"We're here," Changbin announced, as he made a right turn into a formidable-looking hospital. Hyunjin turned to face you from his passenger seat, and gave you a small smile. You tried to return it, but ended up looking back at him with glassy eyes. Chan opened the door and helped you walk out of the automobile, your legs shaking in the process.

The car holding the intel members arrived in the lot as well, and the ten of you walked together as one group to your grandfather's room.

It was crowded, to say in the very least. Thank God the hospital room was huge. Relatives, henchmen, and various allied mafias stood around your grandfather's bed. Their expressions were grim. At the sight of you and SKZ entering through the door, the people parted like the Red Sea. You caught the eyes of your cousins, aunts, uncles, parents, and finally, your grandmother's.

She was in tears.

Your grandmother pulled you into a hug, but you were too shocked to embrace her. Your arms hung like lead between your sides. She let go of you, and as she wiped her wet face with a handkerchief, turned her head towards the figure that lay on the hospital bed.

Even in death, he was handsome. (a/n: i came back to edit this part for the sole purpose of this sentence. feel free to clown me but yeah this was supposed to be the comedic relief of the chapter.)