3

Jo

"Where are you?" Fred asked from over the phone, "and the jet?"

"Business," I said.

"If it was business, I would be there with you."

I just sighed. "I'll tell you when I get back."

He hung up. I could tell he was annoyed with me.

"Do you visit Napa Valley often?"

I looked at the cab driver. "Pretty often, yeah."

"Do you have a favorite winery?" He asked, his thick Puerto Rican accent audible.

"I like the architecture of Darioush," I said, "Puerto Rico?"

"Sí, papí," he answered, "tu?"

"Barcelona," I said, smiling.

"Beautiful place," he said, "this is your stop. Is this your chunk of land?"

I smiled and opened the door, placing a hundred dollar bill on the console. I closed the door behind me and saw the car waiting at the end of the driveway.

I smiled and walked to it, opening the door. "Cab fare?"

Lena pulled her sunglasses off of her face. "A weekend with you."

I chuckled and got in the car, closing the door. I leaned over the console and pushed her hair away from her neck, pressing kisses to her soft skin that smelled heavily of soft strawberries.

"Nice to see you, too," she greeted, giggling.

I pulled away from her and shrugged out of my jacket. "Fuck. I underestimate the California heat, and somehow it's every time I fucking come."

She smiled. I looked over at her, admiring her outfit. She was wearing a floral sundress that stopped at her mid thigh, her bony shoulders exposed and the sun hitting them perfectly to accentuate her tan.

The sun was also hitting the huge diamond ring sitting on her ring finger, making me look away from it. "He's away?"

She nodded. "I've got photo evidence, I'm sure you'd love to see my charming fiancé cheating on me."

"I've told you multiple times you should just leave him," I deadpanned.

She just sighed, cocking her head over. I looked out of my window, seeing the green grass and wineries.

"I remodeled the house," she said, looking over at me.

"Yeah?" I asked, looking back over at her.

She nodded, smiling. "I can't wait for you to see."

Lena had become an interior designer, and a very well-known one, at that. She'd published multiple books and even had her own line of products. Between her business and her fiancé being one of the most well known businessmen in Sacramento, they were set for life.

Her fiancé was also one of the most well known douchebags to exist. How he thought it was wise, or even necessary to cheat on a woman like Lena was beyond me. He made the hour trek to Sacramento to cheat on her with, frankly, whatever he could find.

The drive through Napa Valley was peaceful. Her house was tucked away and covered in moss, it was absolutely beautiful.

"I see you surpassed billionaire status," she quietly admitted, "at age twenty-five, you're aware of how insane that is, right?"

I looked over at her with a smile. "Thank you."

She smiled and stopped the car in her driveway.