29

fb

Jo

"Hey," I greeted, smiling as I opened my arms.

"Hi," Lena greeted, her lips pulled up into a smile as she wrapped her arms around my neck. I held her close and pressed a kiss to her neck.

She pulled away and I looked down at her, ruffling my fingers through her hair. "Since when?"

She looked down at her newly colored hair. "O-oh, I just got it done a few days ago."

I smiled. "I like it."

"I'm glad," she said, "I thought maybe a change would be nice for your visit."

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. Honestly, Lena and I had been hanging on by a thread. This visit was exactly what we needed.

"I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up from the airport," she said, looking over at me.

"That's okay," I said, my hands in my pockets as we walked down the crowded sidewalk.

"I forgot," she said, shaking her head.

I looked over at her, making her eyes go round.

"Th-that I had c-class," she said, looking up at me.

I stopped in my tracks. "You forgot I was coming in today."

She sighed and looked away from me, biting down on her bottom lip.

"L," I said, "you're shitting me, right?"

"I'm sorry, Jo," she said, raking her fingers through her hair, "I've been so cr-"

"It doesn't matter," I said, my jaw set.

Was I hurt? Of course.

But Lena and I couldn't take any more hits to our relationship currently. We were barely even in a relationship.

"Let's get coffee," I suggested, wrapping my hands around the straps of my backpack.

"Is your bag not heavy? Do you want to drop it off at my place first?" She asked.

"I'm good," I said.

She just nodded and jogged to catch up with me. "I'm sorry, Jo."

"I told you, it doesn't matter," I said.

"Yes, it does," she said, grabbing my arm, "you're my boyfriend, it should've been the only thing on my mind."

I looked down at her. "Yeah, you're right."

"I promise," she whispered, her hands on my arms, "it'll be different next time."

I smiled and nodded, pulling her lips to mine for a kiss. She smiled against my lips and pulled away. "Let's get that coffee."

I grabbed her hand and we walked the rest of the way to the coffee shop. I opened the door for her and she stepped inside, shrugging out of her jacket. She hung it on the coat rack beside the door, smiling up at me.

"L?"

My eyebrows went into a deep furrow. I was the only person who called Lena that.