31

Alexis

I walked downstairs, clasping my watch on my wrist. My thighs were about to give out on me, considering I was wearing heels and Fred had so many stairs.

I eventually made it downstairs, letting out a sigh. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing out the French vanilla creamer. I turned on the Keurig, making two cups of coffee for Fred and I.

I stirred the creamer around in our cups, throwing the spoon in the sink. I took a sip of mine and immediately regretted it.

"Shit," I muttered, sucking in a breath. I placed my coffee on the counter, grabbing an ice cube from the freezer on instinct.

I placed it on my tongue and Fred walked downstairs, furrowed brows. "Hi?"

I waved, smiling. I couldn't deny the fact that the powder blue shirt against his perfectly tan skin threw me for a loop.

He chuckled and walked into the kitchen. "Are you okay?"

I stuck my tongue out, skillfully curving it so the ice cube wouldn't fall out. He chuckled and nodded. "Clever."

I pulled the ice cube out. "I really don't know what else to do. That coffee's a bitch."

"I'll drink it if you don't want it," he muttered, bracing his elbows on the counter.

I smiled and rubbed his shoulders, pressing a kiss to his back. "Didn't get enough sleep last night?"

He stood upright and looked over his shoulder at me. "I'm not complaining."

I giggled and wrapped my arms around him, smiling up at him although he couldn't see it. "You look good today."

"I appreciate that," he said, smiling down at me as he took a sip of his coffee, "as do you."

I pressed a kiss to his bicep, rubbing his back gently.

"What are your plans for the day?" He asked.

"Well, Lena and I are going to breakfast," I said, "and then we're going shopping."

"For anything specific?" He asked, grinning down at me.

I shrugged, letting go of him. "We'll see."

He pulled out his wallet and I pushed it away, shaking my head. "No."

"Seriously," he said, pulling out his card.

"Fred, no," I said, giggling, "you already gave me that huge housewarming gift."

He turned to face me, his card still outstretched towards me.

"Fred, no."

"You've had your eye on those Saint Laurent heels for months," he said, "get them."

"Fred," I muttered, looking away from him.

"I wasn't lying when I said I'd give you the world when you let me," he said, "so I advise you to take the card. Do some damage, you deserve it."

I looked up at him, a smile tugging at my lips. "I mean, I do have the hundred dollar bills you threw all over me last night."

He smiled down at me, chuckling as he pressed a chaste kiss to my lips. "You do, but that's not enough."

He pulled away and I wrapped my arms around his middle, pulling his lips down to mine again. "Us living together might not be the best idea."

"What's that mean?" He asked, resting his forehead against mine.