16

flashback

Fred

"Ma'am, I don't think that's going into the overhead bin."

Alexis looked over at the flight attendant, an eyebrow cocked up. "I can fit these hips into a size two jean. Try me, lady."

I bit down on my bottom lip to suppress a laugh. The lady just cleared her throat and smiled respectfully, walking away.

"I'm telling you, I'm not in the mood," Alexis said, shoving her bag in the bin.

I just looked up at the bin. "The real question is if it's going to come out."

She placed her hands on her hips, her breathing heavy. "Of course it is."

I chuckled. "Whatever you say."

I closed the bin, sitting next to her.

"Well, I'm glad one thing went right today," Alexis said, looking out of the window.

"Aw, traveling with me?" I asked, smiling over at her as I wrapped my hand around her thigh.

She looked over at me, a dumbfounded look on her face. "No. Getting the fucking window seat."

My smile faded and she giggled. I chuckled and pressed a kiss to her cheek. "There's the smile I've been waiting for all day."

She folded her arms over her chest, leaning her head back against the seat. "I'm just ready to get there."

"We'll be there soon," I reassured, rubbing her bare leg.

I leaned over and moved her hair away from her neck, pressing a gentle kiss to her skin. "And I'll make sure we get a good feel for the bed when we do get there."

She silently giggled, slapping my leg. "Stop, there's a little girl in front of us."

I chuckled and trailed my leg further up her thigh.

"Lena, hey!" Alexis greeted, sounding relieved. She stood up and pushed past me, making my eyebrows go into a deep furrow.

"Traveling with this one through an airport," Alexis muttered, pointing down at me.

"Hey," I defensively said, shrugging.

Lena just laughed. "Try this one, he wanted to stop for food at every single restaurant.

"I was hungry," Jo said, his eyes wide, "you know, you two should've just gone together and Fred and I should've gone together."

"We're not stupid enough to leave you two wandering through an airport with no supervision," Lena said, her arms folded over her chest.

"We're not as helpless as you think. Just saying."

Alexis just looked down at me, nodding slowly. "Is that so?"

I sighed angrily and folded my arms over my chest, my jaw taut.

"Hey, wanna see talent?" Alexis asked, "I fit this big bitch into the overhead. That's impressive if I've ever seen it."

Lena just laughed, nodding. "Talent."

Alexis smiled and patted my knee. "Stop pouting, let me through."

"I'm not pouting," I muttered.

"Oh, you're pouting," she said, "the lip's out, and everything."

She sat down and giggled, pinching my cheeks. "Come on, we'll be to Ibiza soon. You've got to stop pouting if you want to intimidate all the good looking Spanish dudes."