40

Alexis

"I don't want to wake up," Fred muttered, his voice muffled in his pillow.

"We have to," I said, "we're supposed to have breakfast as a family? Remember?"

He groaned and rolled over on his back. "Can I skip?"

"No," I said, "help me clasp this?"

He sat upright, rubbing his sleepy eyes. He stood up and walked over to me, clasping my necklace.

"Thanks," I said, turning around to face him. I grabbed his face and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Get showered and come downstairs."

His eyes closed and he nodded, his hand slipping down my side. "Mm hmm."

I giggled and stepped into my heels. "Come on."

"I'm coming," he groaned, walking into the bathroom.

I opened his bedroom door and walked down the long hallway covered in various art pieces, I was assuming Adora had hung.

I walked downstairs, smiling when I saw Arabella and Adora sitting on the couch. Adora was combing through her long, dark hair, and Arabella seemed to be enjoying it.

"Good morning," I greeted, earning Arabella's eyes.

"Hi, Alexis!" She enthusiastically greeted.

"Hi, sweetheart," Adora greeted, smiling, "rest well?"

"Mm hmm," I muttered, "wow, Ari, your hair's so long."

I sat on the couch next to them, smiling.

I can't wait for that.

"Mommy?"

"Hmm?" Adora pleasantly muttered, continuing to comb through Ari's long locks.

"Can Alexis comb my hair?" She hopefully asked, shooting her mother a toothy smile.

"I'm sure Alexis-"

"No, I'd love to," I butted in, smiling.

Arabella jumped on my lap. I grabbed the comb from Adora's hand, watching as she stood up.

"She's very tender headed, I warned you," she said, smiling as she placed her hand on my shoulder before walking off.

"I'm not as sensitive as she thinks," Ari muttered, playing with her doll.

I began to comb her hair, smiling as I did so. "I wish my hair looked like yours."

She giggled. "My hair's all long and ratty. My mommy says it looks like rats party in it all night!"

She fell into a fit of laughter and I couldn't help but to laugh along with her, continuing to comb her long hair. "Well I think it's beautiful. My morning hair is so tragic."

"You're good at this," she said.

"I've had lots of practice," I quietly said, smiling a small smile.

"Do you want a daughter one day?"

I sighed. "Of course."

She spun around quickly, her eyes lit up. "Is Freddy going to be the daddy?"

I giggled, nodding. "I sure hope so."

"Freddy loves you," she said, smiling down at her doll.

"I love Freddy," I said, smiling as I tucked a chunk of hair behind her ear.

She held her doll out to me. "Her name is Alexis."

"Oh, wow," I said, looking down at her, "she's gorgeous."