14

Fred

I jogged on the treadmill, waiting on a text back from Alexis.

As soon as my phone vibrated, I picked it up.

[From: Alexis Parker]
I already miss Chicago :(

I smiled.

[To: Alexis Parker]
Chicago misses you👀

I turned up the speed on the treadmill, the belt beneath me nearly making me trip but I kept my pace. That held my attention until she responded, and I turned the speed back down.

[From: Alexis Parker]
I miss you

I felt my stomach do a somersault at that particular message. Did she really miss me?

I turned down the speed and chewed on my bottom lip. What do you say?

[To: Alexis Parker]
I can actually get the pilot of the jet to come and pick you up this weekend. No joke

Being around Alexis reminded me of how much I enjoyed her presence. How much I needed her in my life.

"Hey, pretty boy," Megan yelled, "what the hell?"

She walked over to me and I stood on each side of the belt. "Sorry, e-mails."

"Never seen work e-mails make someone smile so big."

Before I could even think, she snatched my phone.

"Hey!" I yelled, jumping off of the treadmill.

"Chicago misses you," she said, giggling silently, "oh, this is my favorite. You can get the pilot of the jet to go and pick her up this weekend. Wow, just what a girl wants to hear."

I grabbed my phone and looked down at her, an annoyed look on my face.

She laughed. "Let me see her."

I clicked on my camera roll. Not that one, I said to myself- it'd definitely turn Megan on.

I held my phone up to her face and showed her the photo I'd skillfully snapped of Alexis and I after sex.

"That's an after sex selfie," she deadpanned.

I just looked down at my phone. "N-no, it's not."

"You're fucking sweating, Fred." She zoomed in on the picture and I just locked my phone.

She laughed and looked up at me. I brushed past her and walked over to the weight rack.

"She's sexy," she said, smiling over at me, "though I'm sure you're very aware of that."

"Oh, I am," I subconsciously muttered.

She giggled. "I want the details. How'd you meet?"

I narrowed my eyes a bit. "Long story."

"We've got time," she deadpanned.

"I was sixteen," I said.

"You lost your virginity to her," she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"No," I said, "she about knocked me out in the hallway."

"Young love."

"We were best friends until I caught feelings," I said, my hands on my hips as I recollected all the details from the years I'd known her, "she didn't have feelings, then she did, then we dated for four y-"

"Okay, you're just confusing me now," Megan muttered, "but sweet, nonetheless."

I just smiled and she leaned against the wall. "Wanna know how my girlfriend and I met?"