41

Fred

"Go get it, boy," I said, throwing Major's toy across the yard.

I smiled and rested my hands on my hips, chuckling as he brought it back to me. I sat down and rubbed his fur, throwing his toy again.

"You've got quite the arm on you."

I looked up and saw Alexis walking towards me, a smile on her face.

I smiled and she sat next to me, holding her knees close to her chest. "It's a beautiful day."

I nodded, looking over at her. I couldn't help but to smile and press a kiss to her shoulder, gently rubbing her arm.

"What's that for?" She asked, smiling down at me.

"Nothing," I muttered, my lips still floating on her shoulder.

She straightened her legs out and patted her thighs. I rested my head on her legs, grabbing her hand. She raked her fingers through my hair and smiled down at me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I nodded. Major ran over to us and simply sat next to Alexis, his head on her shin.

I sat upright again, sighing. I pulled my knees to my chest and squinted. "I can't come here often."

Major's head was now occupying her thighs, and her hand was on his head. "Why?"

"It makes me want it," I said, looking over at her.

She tilted her head over. "What?"

"This," I said, shrugging, "a house. A yard. A dog."

She nodded, biting down on her lip. "Yeah, it's appealing."

"And you know," I said, shaking my head, "other things."

"Other things as in?" She asked, even though I knew she had an idea. Alexis sometimes knew what I was thinking before I knew.

"A family," I quietly admitted, my jaw set.

She gently rested her hand on top of mine. She didn't say anything, because she didn't have to. There just wasn't a response needed all the time.

"It's out of reach," I said.

"That's not true," she said, shaking her head. She tucked a chunk of hair behind her ear, the wind blowing and making her look even more beautiful than she already did.

"You don't think so?" I asked, looking over at her.

She shook her head. "I think it's attainable."

I knew she didn't even believe what she was saying. With the lives we were currently living, we were both aware of the fact that no, it wasn't attainable.

I rubbed her hand before standing up. "Come on, Major. Let's go get some water."

He stood up and I held a hand out to Alexis, helping her up off of the grass. I gently grabbed her jaw and she smiled a soft smile up at me, pulling my lips down to hers for the sweetest kiss.

I pulled away from her and rested my forehead against hers, tucking a chunk of hair behind her ear. I pressed one last kiss to her lips before Major nudged my leg.

"I'm coming, dude," I said, shooting her a smile before jogging with Major up to the house.

~*~

Jo

"I can't believe he kept the place," Lena said, opening the door to her old penthouse.

She rested her hands on her hips, smiling. "Wow. Logan's actually got decent taste."