30

6 months later

Alexis

"Do you think it looks bad?"

Fred looked over at me, taking a sip of his water. "What?"

"That we're six months in and I'm moving in."

"Well, technically, we're, like, ten years in," he muttered.

I just looked up at him, his arms looping around my waist.

"I think it looks wonderful," he said, grabbing one of my pigtails, "these are sexy, by the way."

I smiled and he pressed a kiss to the tip of my nose. "Come on, this box isn't going to move itself into the bedroom."

He gave my backside a playful slap before squatting down to grab one side of the box. "I really don't know what the hell is in here."

I grabbed the other side and we lifted it off of the ground. "It's all my toys," I joked, making his eyes meet mine.

We walked into the bedroom and dropped the box on the ground. He rested his hands on his hips, looking at me. "Really?"

"Phone sex is fun, but it doesn't cut it." I shrugged.

"Well, now I'm curious," he said, pulling out the box cutter from his pocket.

I giggled and grabbed his arm. "I was kidding."

He looked disappointed as he closed the box cutter, making me pull him close.

"My box of toys is still in the living room," I whispered, pulling away from him. I bit down on my lip and he boosted me up into his arms, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Fred!" I squealed, giggling as he dropped me on the bed.

"Come on, it's been an intense day of moving," he said, grabbing my hand. He placed it on his abdomen and I giggled, shaking my head.

"We still have things to do," I said, trailing my fingertips down his body.

"You want it," he said, leaning down to press a kiss to my neck.

"Well, yeah," I muttered, "but tonight. We can even break into the box of toys."

He chuckled and pulled away from me.

"Hey, while we're resting," I said, sitting upright, "help me look for jobs."

"We've been over this," he said, pulling me off of the bed.

"Yes, we have, but just because I'm dating a billionaire doesn't mean I don't want a job," I said, grabbing both of his hands, "I need something to do during the day."

"Well, there's plenty of work in Chicago," he said, walking into the living area. I followed behind him, my hands in my pockets.

"And I think it's about damn time you do something you want," he said.

I furrowed my brows together, leaning against the couch.

"I mean, you put off your life goal because money wasn't abundant," he said, folding his arms over his chest, "you settled for working in an office."

"Well, Fred, at least I was good at that," I said.

"Yeah, but that's the thing, Lex," he said, "you can't just put off trying something because you're afraid of being bad at it."

"That's easy for you to say, you're good at everything," I said.

He grabbed my hands and pulled me into him. "I want you to do something."