Swing Life Away || Colson Baker

"Alright alright alright!" Colson yelled into the mic, "I wanna dedicate this song to someone, and have that someone come up here, and sing, SWING. LIFE. AWAY" Colson yelled the last part of the sentence into the mic making the crowd whoop with joy as everyone started screaming wanting to be seen. Colson scanned the crowd for the perfect person before pointing to the girl with a custom 'Lace Up' tank and (h/c), "come here babe" Colson said into the mic, prompting the girl forward in the crowd; pushing past people with 'I'm sorry' and 'scuse me' the girl finally made it to the front of the stage as Colson bent down on the edge of the stage to try and get to her level, "what's your name love?" Colson asked sweetly as he positioned the mic in front of the girls face.

"(Y/n)" the girl said with a shy look.

"Beautiful!" Colson said with a grin trying to make her less uncomfortable, "do you know the song?" the rapper asked, prompting a confident nod from the girl, "alright, let's get you up here and hooked on a mic baby!" Colson said with a grin as the security guards helped (Y/n) over the barrier and quickly guided her to a technician who had an earpiece and microphone ready. Colson walked to the edge of the stage where (Y/n) was and smiled warmly at her, "ready pretty lady?" the rapper asked with a cocky grin prompting the girl to laugh.

"As I'll ever be pretty boy" (Y/n) said with a wink electing a grin from Colson.

"This'll be like a normal live, we let the first of Kellins part go into an instrumental and then you'll come in and sing. But you won't have Kellins voice behind you okay" Colson said so (Y/n) had an overview of what was going to go down, the girl nodded with a grin and walked on stage, followed immediately by Colson

"This girl got some edge! Damn! I like her already" Colson said into the mic with a grin making the crowd go wild again, "alright let's get this shit GOING!" and with Colsons word the band started up behind the pair and Colson was soon rapping his heart out to the crowd, the instrumental came on and Colson was already bouncing around everywhere and head banging to the bass trying to get (Y/n) into the groove as he started his second verse, and before she knew it, it was her time to sing.

"We live on front porches and swing life away" (Y/n) sung into the mic, the crowd yelled loudly behind her, "We get by just fine here on minimum wage," Colson turned around to face the girl as a gob smacked look was plastered on his face along with a large grin, "If love is a labor I'll slave 'til the end," (Y/n)'s eyes where closed as her hand rested over her heart and her foot started stomping to the beat, "And I'll run these streets if you give me a chance!" the girl finished and finally looked to Colson as the rapper started his next verse.

"Sometimes I don't want to fucking wake up," Colson walked to (Y/n) and linked his arm with hers as he guided the girl to the front of the stage and bent down starting to sing with the crowd, "When all they want to do is bring me down, And all the things I've went through as I came up, Are the fucking reasons why I run this town", (Y/n) closed her eyes and focused on her lyrics as they came back round to her.

"We live on front porches and swing life away," (Y/n) sung softly into the mic as she slowly stood up, someone behind her shouting 'hands up!' to the crowd, "We get by just fine here on minimum wage," the end of her sentence got louder as the music picked up and Colson was back again jumping around and head banging, "If love is a labor I'll slave 'til the end! And I'll run these streets if you give me a chance!" (Y/n) finished dragging the last note out longer then needed. Colson looked to the girl awestruck with a large grin plastered to his face as the girl started singing from where the correct position was in the song. (Y/n) looked to the crowd as she started singing the 'swing life away's at the end of the song while waving her arm up in the sky from side to side. As the song came to its end the crowd became the loudest it had been all day.