Black and White || Mick Mars

A/N: I thought of Mick from The Dirt but it goes for whatever Mick you like.
Soulmate au where you can only see black and white.
———
Micks life had always been black and white. When he first met Nikki and the rest of the band he was definitely happy to have something to call home and to have friends that actually cared about him; but his life was still black and white. While the rest of the group was out at a strip club, Mick was always behind, back in the hotel room by himself; he would always lay on his back and watch the ceiling and create patterns with his eyes, trying to imagine what colour the ceiling was. Was it that famous red? Was it a pale blue? But he always got side tracked in the end; what was the colour of Vince's shirt that he was wearing today? Could the rest of the boys see the colour of the girls eyes or did they just make something up on the spot? The bright lights in the clubs and bars; what colour were they when they ran over Mick and the dancing mob of people in the middle of the floor; green? Red? Pink? He hated this part; this was the part he cried. The overwhelming sensation of having black and white eyesight for most of his life had always taken a toll on him as well as his back, it was the fact that the other kids (the band) where out having fun while their old man hung back; and cried in the middle of the night alone. Mick would always be fast asleep by the time the others got back to their rooms and they never knew Micks nightly rituals; and they never would. Well. They would sure find out soon enough.
-------
Tommy groaned as he was the last one to hop out of the tour bus bunks and stumbled to the bathroom for a morning shower; he could already hear everyone else in the front room laughing between themselves.
"Tommy woke up finally" Nikki said with a cheeky grin as he heard the bathroom door close as he looked to Vince.
"Only five hours later" the singer shrugged, "what was the bet?" he asked as he took a swig of water.
"Uhhh, twenty he wouldn't get up until half past and fifty if he got up at 2" Nikki said as he looked to the clock, "its 12:31" Nikki said with a grin. Vince grumbled as he handed Nikki and crumbled 20 dollar note, Mick scoffed.
"Is this all you two do in the mornings when no one else is awake?" Mick asked, his arms crossed over his chest as he laid back on one of the leather couches; slouching as he watched his two friends. They both shrugged.
"Keeps us entertained" Nikki said with a grin as Vince brought a hand up and they clapped them together before pounding their fists together and smiling. Mick sighed softly as he watched the black and white trees and sky run past the bus in a flurry; that was until the bus started slowing down. The three looked at each other with confused looks as they tried to figure out what was happening.
"Uh, hey Decklin?" Vince called out to their bus driver, "Why are we slowing down? We cant be at the next venue yet" the singer called as he stood up and started walking to the front and moved aside the curtain to look out the front windshield. Nikki followed behind as Mick sat back and opened the half bottle of Jack Daniels.
"Sorry Vinny, there was a girl wanting to hitchhike to the city" Decklin said as the bus pulled over on the side, "I was always told to give people a chance" the boy said a little shyly; thinking he was going to be in trouble. Vince simply smiled and patted the man on the back.
"That's okay! Let's see what she wants" the singer said as Decklin opened the bus doors and the three of them waited a few moments to let you run after the bus; seeing as it stopped a few meters in front of you.
"What's taking so long?!" Mick yelled as he heard a female voice talking flurrily and Vince and Nikki trying to talk at the same time. Finally the boys walked in with you coming in the back just as Tommy came in; a towel wrapped around his waist and a toothbrush hanging from his mouth. Nikki stood still for a moment with a deadpan face as Vince chuckled softly.
"Sorry darling, you might not want to look at what's up ahead," the singer said with a cheeky grin. Mick heard a scoff before you pushed aside Nikki and Vince and stopped dead in your tracks as you looked to Tommy; who was rooting around in the clothes pile.
"T-bone" Nikki said, "we have a guest" the bassist said with a shit eating grin. Tommy stopped for a moment as he pulled out some underwear and jeans before finally looking to you. A grin spread over his mouth.
"Hello!" Tommy said as he extended his hand out to you, you smiled brightly as you shook the drummers hand, "the name's Tommy, not Tom and only T-bone" the drummer said with a grin as he walked backwards, threw a wink to you and went back to the back of the bus where the bunks where and closed the door. The bus started up again and Vince, Nikki and you stumbled a little from the unexpected movement; you chuckled softly and turned around to look at Nikki and Vince. This was the moment Mick finally looked at you. And dear lord where you the most beautiful thing he had ever seen.
Mick dragged his eyes from your sandal clad feet, to your flared and discoloured jeans, you stomach poked out from the small gap in your tank top as the tassels dangled with beads which swayed and hit each other as the bus and you moved. Mick saw the tye dye bra you where wearing underneath and was tempted to smirk as his eyes moved up to your glitter covered collarbone and neck before finally resting on your nude painted lips; puffed out just enough, full, pink but not too pink, bitten with anxiety but not too much. The guitarists eyes glazed up again to your red covered nose and rosy cheeks, the freckles mounted over your nose that looked almost unnoticeable and finally your eyes; the most beautiful thing Mick had ever seen, wide open and filled with pure joy, there was no hesitation that you had for anything you did but you were ready for whatever the world threw at you. Joy sparked through the air as you smiled and talked to Vince and Nikki, the air cleared its way and felt breathable again as Nikki moved a hand over in Micks direction to show you there was one final person on the bus; and that's when Micks world filled itself with colour.
"Oh" a small gasp went through your mouth as vivid colours filled your vision, blues and browns and purple and black; and the most beautiful green eyes you had ever seen, literally.
"We'll uh, we'll leave you two alone" Nikki muttered as he pushed Vince to the back of the tour bus and quickly shut the door. The bus stayed silent for a moment as Mick stood up and walked towards you slowly, like you were an injured animal he didn't want to spook. He didn't know what to say.
"I..." you paused, "I know you've probably waited a long while for this" you whispered softly, "b-but my family already has me courted to someone else" you said softly as you stepped back from Mick, eyes cloudy and words thick.
"What?" Mick whispered.
"I-I didn't want too" you said softly, "m-my parents don't believe-in soulmates and made me get courted" you looked at the ground as you let Mick stand in front of you, his hands cupped your face and made you looked up at him, "w-well" you paused with a watery smile, "that was until i ran away" you whispered.
"Ran away?" Mick repeated as he looked at you, holding you like a porcelain doll. You nodded.
"Two years ago, and now I can finally dress and be the way i want, and love who I want" you said with a smile.
"Does this mean you're giving me a chance to love you?" Mick asked, it was almost inaudible but you smiled softly.
"I'd give you as many chances as you wanted" you said softly, "as long as you love me like this" you said motioning down to your clothing. This made Mick chuckle softly.
"Opposites attract?" Mick asked more as a question with a smile, causing you to giggle too.
"Something like that, yeah" you said with a grin and a nod of the head.