Lucky x Bane

He sighed and tucked his knees up to his chest.
'Lucky? Well, he's not really useful..'
'Yeah, he's kinda just... there.'
'Right? He doesn't do much apart from decode but his decoding speed is average!'
'I don't like playing matches with him, it makes me exhausted when trying to save him.'
'Yeah, sometimes I just want to leave him.'
Not really useful, average, exhausted.
He replayed the conversation that he had overheard from Vera and William over and over again in his head.
I'm useless and average. I exhaust everyone.
Lucky hugged his knees and buried his face in them, wanting to block out the world. Everyone thought he was useless. They tried to act nice to his face but when they thought he wasn't listening, they'd talk about him.
'Sometimes I wish he'd just leave.'
Wish he'd leave.
'He's not the best but he's ok, I guess.'
Not the best.
'Oh, him? Yeah, he died in the first 10 seconds. Had nothing to defend himself with. Kinda pathetic.'
Pathetic.
'Lucky is just... Lucky. That's all there is to him. So... plain.'
Plain.
'He has this maid outfit that he frolics around in sometimes. It's a little disturbing and attention seeking.'
Disturbing, attention seeking.
I'm worthless.
He started to sob softly, lost with no one to guide him. What was the point of playing the games anymore? Why did he decide to join? All the reward offered was some money, a few thousand bucks to help him buy some food and accomodation. He regretted coming here.
The garden was quiet. The only sound you could hear was the water trickling from the water fountain. Even though it was so quiet, Lucky was too caught up in his thoughts that he didn't hear the door opening and closing.
...
"Lucky?"
His head shot up and he turned to the location of the sound. On top of the stairs stood Bane, the gamekeeper. He had made acquaintances with him in previous matches and Lucky considered him as a friend.
He probably thinks I'm useless too.
This thought made Lucky curl up tighter and look away.
"...hey Bane." He mumbled. He heard footsteps approach and stop in front of him. He looked up and connected gazes with Bane who was staring at him with concern. He noticed the tear stains on Lucky's jeans.
"Were... were you crying, Lucky?" Bane asked softly, his voice barely a whisper. The bushes swayed in the cool breeze as Lucky thought about his answer.
"...maybe." He finally answered. Bane frowned and crouched down in front of him.
"Lucky... what's wrong?"
Lucky turned away again and swiveled his body to face the bushes at his side.
"Nothing. I'm fine." He murmured unconvincingly. Bane brought his hand to Lucky's chin and gently turned it towards him.
"Lucky... please. Tell me what's wrong." He whispered. Lucky stayed silent.
"I want to help you Lucky..." Bane whispered again. Lucky avoided his eyes and stared at the ground instead.
"I'm not leaving you until you tell me what's wrong." He said firmly, taking a seat in front of Lucky, his hand still in Lucky's chin. They stayed in a long silence, listening to their heartbeats and the shifting plants.
If I told him... would he hate me? Lucky thought, debating with himself on whether or not to tell Bane. He decided to wait longer.
"Lucky, you know I care about you right? We're friends." Bane whispered and Lucky's eyes widened.
He does think of me as a friend..!
His hopes rose and he opened his mouth to speak, but quickly shut it.
He doesn't know me as well. If I told him, we'd no longer be friends.
Bane saw this and continued.
"No matter what you tell me, we'll always be friends. I promise."
Bane waited for a response, but got none.
"Please, tell me."
...
Nothing but silence.
"Friends tell each other things. Do you not trust me?"
"N-no!" Lucky blurted out. He blushed at his outburst and shook his head.
"N-no, I do trust you! B-but promise we'll still be friends?" He asked shakily. Bane nodded and Lucky inhaled slowly.
"S-so... basically everyone has been talking b-behind my back about how worthless and u-useless I am and..." he trailed off, not knowing what else to say. Apparently, that was enough because Bane raised a gentle hand and patted him on his head.
"Don't listen to them, Lucky. Trust me, I know." He shifted so he was in a more comfortable position. "All the other hunters talk about how I'm basically Leo but more useless. But it doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean you can't play."
Lucky was shocked to hear that the hunters said the same thing about Bane.
What a cruel world..
"They shouldn't talk to you like that, Bane."
"Same goes for you."
"It's different for me. It's true-"
"It's not true, Lucky!"
Lucky shuffled back, startled by Bane's sudden outburst.
"It is not true and you will not think like that! You are you and that's all that matters! You understand me!? You are not useless!"
Not useless.
You are you.
It is not true.
Are these... are these true?
"R-really?" Lucky stuttered out. Bane sighed.
"Of course! You may not have outstanding decoding speed but at least you don't decode slowly!"
...yeah.
"You may not have an item you start with but you can always get them! You're Lucky!"
Yeah..
"You may not be the fastest or strongest guy but at least you aren't slow or weak!"
He's right..
"You're not useless!"
I'm not useless!
Lucky made eye contact with Bane and he let a small smile creep onto his face. Bane smiled back and opened his arms. Lucky leaned into his warmth and they shared a long embrace.
"Thank you, Bane. I feel a lot better." He whispered. Bane chuckled.
"I'm glad I could help."
"...you know what the hunters say aren't true right?"
"Yeah, I know."
"Good."
They let go of each other and Bane stood up.
"I have to go now. I got a match soon."
Lucky smiled at him.
"Good luck!"
"Thanks."
And like that, Bane left.

Ok, this was a teeeeeeenny bit rushed, sorry! This was for MatcingMakers , sorry about the wait! For everyone else's requests, I'm working on them! Thanks for being patient.
Hope to update soon :P