Martha x Naib || High School AU

"Hey! Green hoodie guy!"
I turned up to face the person who had interrupted my peaceful silence. I was met by two big, cognac eyes. I quickly scuttled back, surprised by the closeness. I shut my eyes, trying to calm my heart. I heard a feminine chuckle and opened my eyes again. A girl stood over me, a lunchbox in her hands. She sat down, her brown, wavy hair resting on her shoulders.
"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." She smiled, cocking her head slightly. I glared at her and sat up, keeping my distance. Her smile faltered but she didn't say anything about it.
"So, what's your name?"
I ignored her and reached for my sandwich. She pushed it towards me, causing me to retract my hand quickly.
"What's your name?" She repeated. "Mine's Martha."
I stayed silent, picking up the soft bread and bringing it to my lips. It smelt of fish and I struggled to not gag. My lunches weren't very good, but beggars can't be choosers. I opened my mouth hesitantly to take a bite but my teeth crunched through air. I looked at my hands to find them empty. I looked up and saw the girl sniffing my lunch. I growled softly and reached for it. She leaned away from me, a disgusted look on her face.
"Your lunch isn't very nice.." she observed. I rolled my eyes.
'Who cares? Give me back my lunch.'
"Here, you eat mine." She sniffed the sandwich once more and gave it another disgusted look. She glanced at me and her cheeks heated up with embarrassment. She stood up. "I'm going to go buy something and toss this in the bin. Not sure if it's edible."
'It's barely. But that's enough.'
She walked away, turning the corner to go to the canteen, leaving me alone once more. I stared at her lunchbox. I didn't want to but I was hungry. Besides, she offered it to me so I didn't owe her anything, right?
I opened the lid and stared at her lunch.
There were sushi rolls sat side by side in a neat row. I peered inside and saw teriyaki chicken and cucumber slices sitting inside. There were fresh apple slices that had been cut in the shape of bunny heads. A juice box stared back at me, urging me to drink it.
My mouth was watering; I had never seen or had the chance to eat something this good.
I quickly reached out to pick up a sushi roll but stopped myself. I didn't want this random girl to think that I was easily persuaded by food. I slowly retracted my hand but then my stomach grumbled in protest. I froze, unsure of what to do. Follow my gut or my brain?
I picked up the sushi roll gently, driven by my starving stomach. It was firm and it smelt delicious. I sank my teeth into the treat and almost died of bliss. It was delicious! It might've just been my starved mind but at that moment, I was sure that I had found the best thing in the world. I was so caught up in my world of happiness that I didn't realise that the girl had returned until she spoke up.
"Do you like it?"
My eyes snapped open and I quickly moved away again. She sighed softly but kept her smile strong.
"Is... is it good?" She asked again. I kept silent, debating whether I should reply.
I nodded slowly. Her eyes lit up.
"Really? That makes me really happy! I made these for my mother last night but she didn't eat them." She smiled sadly and stopped.
A silence enveloped us.
She laughed after a while.
"It makes me really happy you like it!" She took out a sandwich from her bag and switched it with everything in her lunchbox. She handed me the bag, closed her lunchbox and stood up.
"I'm going to go now. See you!" She waved at me and turned around and left. I stood up and grabbed her arm. She turned around to stare at me, puzzled.
"Naib. My name's Naib." I whispered before letting her go and sitting down again. She stared down at me, surprise evident on her face, before smiling and nodding.
"Well, Naib, I'll see you soon."
I watched her leave until she turned around the corner and disappeared.
I stared at the bag that was now in my hands.
Who knew humans could be so kind?

HIIIII! I AM ALIVE! Sorry for not being on in like, forever! So this is just something I wrote in my spare time and I was like "oo maybe I should upload it." So yeah. Hi. I will go back to doing requests and stuff soon whenever I feel like it. Sorry!
Anyways have a wonderful day or night!