Joseph x Fem!Teen!reader

My shoes pounded against the pavement as I ran across the bridge. My lungs were gasping for air and my was head spinning like the merry-go round I was passing by. Why was I so dizzy today? I probably should've listened to Emily when she told me to stay in my room.
Ba-dump. Ba-dump.
I froze as my heart started to beat faster and faster. Great, the hunter was near me and I was half asleep. I heaved myself to a section that I knew I'd be good at kiting in and leaned against the wall to catch my breath. The world was a hazy swirl now and I couldn't balance without support.
'Ahh, where is he..?' I thought, my mind whirling. Panic and fear distorted my thoughts and the fact that I was on the verge of death didn't help either. I tried to peek around the corner but I tripped over my own foot and fell. In an attempt to save myself, I grabbed the pallet next to me but I just brought it down with me, alerting the hunter to my position.
'Gah, why? I'm so clumsy today..'
I heard his footsteps come closer and I struggled to get up. In the end, I couldn't. So I lay there, unmoving. I could barely see now. I didn't know who or where the hunter was. I just knew he was somewhere close. My heart started to pound louder and I winced at the sound.
'I think he found me.'
A long moment passed where nothing happened. The hunter had found me, right? Or was my heartbeat off? How strange for my heart beat to be wrong. I tensed up when I felt a hand on my back. Was that the hunter? What was he doing? Hunters don't touch survivor's back! Or do they? My mind whirled once more and the last thing I saw was Joseph's face peering at me from the side before I blacked out.

I was awoken by a crow. Or to be more precise, a whole bunch of crows, circling above me. I was tucked away into a locker and I didn't know how I got here. I was feeling a lot better, so I opened the door and stepped out quietly. The others were doing the last cipher together somewhere so I decided to look for the gate. Just as I was about to take a step, Joseph teleported to me. I stumbled backwards, surprised by his presence, and he reached out a hand to grab me. I took it and he pulled me up before letting go and shaking his head in disappointment.
"Why do you look like him?" He mumbled, his voice barely audible. I tilted my head.
'Wha?'
"Why do you look like him..? It's.. so hard to do my job now..." He scrunched up his face as he stared at me hard. Was I.. giving him some sort of flash back? I didn't know that much about Joseph but there was a rumour that he once had a brother.
"I.. I can't..." he mumbled incoherently to himself. I couldn't say or do anything: I was scared and confused. He sighed and raised his sword up in the air above my head. I gasped and held my arms above my head.
'What is going on?'
We stayed in that position for what felt like forever. He never brought it down.
Instead, he dropped it and fell to his knees on the floor.
"I can't hit you..! I can't! Why?" He buried his face in his hands, muttering "Why?" Over and over again. I stayed still, stunned and confused. The hunter in front of me was completely lost. Just miserable. I couldn't help but pity him. I cleared my throat and stepped forwards to gently stroke his hair.
"It's okay. Everything is alright."
That seemed to awaken something in him and he let out a strangled cry.
"You act just like him too!" He cried. "This isn't fair! Fate can't just do this to me!"
I stumbled back, surprised by his outburst. I was confused and scared. This wasn't the Joseph I knew. This man was broken and afraid. He also seemed as confused as me at his own actions. A loud horn echoed throughout the map and we both stayed motionless as we awaited for the other to do something.
"I-I'm going to go now..." I mumbled awkwardly before sliding away. He didn't respond. He sat on the ground and stared at nothing. He really was confused.

"Hey! What took you so long?" Naib asked when I arrived at their gate. I laughed awkwardly, trying to think of an excuse.
"Oh I was just, you know, kiting and, uhm, hiding."
Naib and the others looked at me skeptically but brushed it aside, much to my relief.
"Alright then, let's go!" Tracy yelled. We all agreed and went to leave. Before I left, though, I stopped and let the others leave first. Then, I went to go look for Joseph. I was worried for him. Something wasn't right! I finally found him at the tent, sitting on one of the chairs, fiddling with his sword. He looked up when I entered and frowned.
"Why aren't you gone yet?"
"I wanted to check on you."
He chuckled lowly and bowed his head.
"Of course you did..."
"You're not yourself today."
He stayed silent. I walked closer and sat down beside him.
"I know we don't know each other very well but you can talk to me."
"Why would I talk to the problem?"
Now it was my turn to be silent. How was I meant to respond to that? Did I remind him of his brother? There wasn't much I could do about that... Suddenly, an idea popped into my mind.
"Do... do you miss him?"
"Who?"
"Your brother."
His head snapped up and he stared at me dead in the eyes. I gulped, surprised by the intensity in his eyes.
"...maybe I do. So what?"
"Well, I was thinking, since I kinda maybe... uhm.. look like him... I can be- well act- as your brother?" I stuttered. My face turned red as soon as the words left my mouth. What a stupid idea! He didn't answer and I started to panic.
"W-Well that was stupid anyway! It really doe-"
"I'd.. appreciate that..." Joseph whispered. I blinked once. Twice. Thrice. What..
"..W-well... I'm glad I can help," I said softly. We stayed in a somewhat comfortable silence until I started getting crows. I looked up and laughed.
"I should go. I have crows now. The dungeon is just outside so..."
Joseph looked up at me and smiled. He accompanied me to the dungeon and we waited with each other at the entrance.
"B-before you go," Joseph whispered. I tilted my head. "M-maybe we can meet up sometime?"
I smiled.
"Sure!"
I prepared to jump in before Joseph stopped me one last time.
"I just want to thank you. For caring. My brother's death has taken a toll on me and..." he trailed off. I petted him comfortingly on the shoulder.
"I'm always here for you."
He smiled.
"Thank you, Y/N"
We hugged and then I left.

oh my god. this chapter wasn't the best if i'm honest and i'm not updating as much anymore. sorry guys! but thanks to the people who still read uwu
are you guys excited for the persona 5 crossover event? i am!! i haven't played in a while though. i really should. if any of y'all play asia, add me and maybe we can play together. one day. idk.
anyways, this was a request from Siniora-Chan hopefully this is somewhat to your liking
anyways, have a wonderful whatever guys and it's a goodnight for me
byeeeee!