Joseph x fem!Aesop

The door closed softly behind her as Aesop entered the room. It was the middle of the night. The only light source was her oil lamp, which barely illuminated her face. She cautiously made her way toward the tall Christmas tree, which stood proudly in the center of the reception hall. She crouched down behind the trunk and felt around in the dark until she found the electricity button. With a smile of satisfaction, she flicked it on. Immediately, the lights on the tree flared to life. Aesop stood back a few feet to take in the marvelous sight. Green and red lights irradiated the room and contrasted against the dark, natural green leaves of the tree. It was beautiful, more beautiful than words could explain. She stood there, taking in the sight before snapping out of her daze.
'I have to put the star on top of the tree before anyone comes,' she thought hastily to herself. She pulled the gold star out of her pocket and walked back toward the tree. It was tall, but she presumed that if she stood on her toes, she'd be able to reach the top. She wasn't that short!
Or so she thought.
She groaned in frustration. She was almost there!
'Just.. a little further!' she thought desperately. She tried to gain more height by jumping, however, the action proved to be risky as the tree almost tipped over. She growled in frustration. How could this be?! Was she that short? She fell to the floor in defeat. Now what?
Suddenly, an idea popped into her mind.
"The kitchen stool!" she whispered to herself.
She leaped up and turned around to go get it, but she stopped when she noticed it in front of the door to the kitchen. She tilted her head, puzzled. Why was it there? She could've sworn that it wasn't there was she entered the room. She shrugged it off.
"Maybe I'm just blind," she said to herself, carrying the stool toward the tree.
She set it down gently as not to make too much noise and wake the others. She stepped onto it, shaking slightly.
"Hm, I think one of the legs is weak. Better tell Emma in the morning," She muttered to herself. She reached her arm up towards the top of the tree. Now, she could easily reach!
The chair wobbled dangerously underneath her.
'Come on, just a bit further...' she stretched her arm out. She has put the stool too far from the tree.
'I can do it! Come on..'
The leg gave out underneath her. The chair buckled and she fell towards the ground.
"Eek!"
She closed her eyes, waiting for impact.
But it never came.
She opened her eyes and was met with dark orbs. She immediately knew who it was. How could she not?
It was her crush: Joseph.
She blushed at the proximity and turned away.
"J-Joseph! What.. what are you.. you doing?" she stammered, obviously flustered. He smirked and gently let her down.
"Just making sure you weren't getting hurt." He hummed, his voice as smooth as ever. She blushed again. She didn't usually talk to him, but sometimes she did. Most of the time, she admired him from afar. He was dazzling in both the real world and the picture world. She shook her head to rid him from her thoughts. However, he bent down to her eye level. His face was inches away from hers. His lips...
She flushed and backed away. He, however, pulled her back and smiled.
"Where are you going?" he purred. "You have to put the star on the tree, don't you?"
She opened and closed her mouth like a fish. How was she supposed to respond to that?!
"A-ah, right!"
She looked at the broken stool. Now that was no use to her. But then, how...
Suddenly, arms grabbed her waist and lifted her up. She let out a yelp of surprise and steadied herself on Joseph's shoulders. He laughed and she looked at him.
"Here." He turned her toward the top of the tree. "Now you can reach the top, shortie~"
She huffed and placed the star carefully on top.
"I'm not short."
"Uh-huh," he said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes, her playful mood coming back.
"As if you're one to talk." He looked at her questionably as he set her down. "You're the shortest hunter in the game."
He blushed and growled, tilting her chin up.
"You dare say that to me?"
She smiled.
"Am I wrong?"
"There's Axe Boy and Yidhra's servant!"
"Joseph," she tenderly poked his nose, "they're children."
He glared at her and she giggled. His features relaxed and he smiled softly.
"Hey,"
She looked up at him, her gray eyes reflecting the red and green lights from the tree.
"Hm?"
"Since there are no games tomorrow, will you spend Christmas Eve with me?"
Her heart pounded loudly in her ears. Was... this a date? Her face reddened.
"I-I.."
He frowned slightly.
"Ah, it's okay-" He let go of her waist. Aesop panicked.
"No, no, no!!" She pulled him closer, so close that their noses almost touched. She craved this warmth. Something about him leaving made her heart ache. "Let me finish!" she whispered desperately.
Joseph stared at her wide-eyed. His face was red from their position.
"I'd... I'd love to spend Christmas Eve with you!" She hesitated before continuing. "I'd love to spend Christmas with you, too!"
She breathed softly. She wasn't used to expressing her emotions like this. A brief moment of silence passed. Joseph smiled warmly.
"I didn't know you could be so... assertive."
She blinked once before realizing what he meant. She quickly reeled back.
"Ah! I'm sorry!"
Joseph looked at her and then laughed.
"What are you apologizing for?" He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close. "I never said I didn't like it," he whispered.
Her face flushed for probably the tenth time that night.
He tilted her face slightly and brushed a finger over her lips. She shivered in delight. His gaze was firmly attached to her lips. She wanted him to devour her. He looked up to her.
"May I?" He whispered, his voice husky. She gulped before nodding. She closed her eyes.
She felt his warm breath spread over her lips. Something wet skimmed over her bottom lip. It was his tongue. She shivered again. Finally, he closed the gap. She melted into the kiss.
Even though it wasn't Christmas, she felt as if this was his present to her.

Yes this is a very late Christmas request. Sorry about that haha..
I feel kinda dirty for writing this kissing bit. Hopefully it was good.?