ONE

Dedicated to ShiinK

"So what brings you to the Big Easy?" asked the woman in the bar as she served a male in a margarita suit

"I used to live here" the man in the suit answered, the man's name was Elijah. Elijah was spinning softly on the glass in front of him.

"Really, when?" Camille, the woman who worked in the bar, questioned.

"Oh, it feels like a hundred years ago," Elijah replied.

"I just moved here myself." Camille answered before a man came in carrying a box.

"And I always tell you Camille, you made a bad decision moving here" the man stated before putting down the box behind the bar.

"Yeah, and I still don't know why," Camille said, giving the male a smile.

"Bad things happen here," the male confessed, looking in Elijah's direction.

"So what brought you back?" Camille asked, turning back to her and Elijah's conversation.

The male that carried the box sat down on a stool near Elijah and Camille put a beer in front of him as a thanks for carrying the heavy box.

"Well, my brother's here somewhere. I'm afraid he might have got himself into a bit of a bind" Elijah confessed.

"You say that like it's a common occurrence. " said Camille.

"Well... he's complicated. Defiant, ill-mannered, and a little temperamental. See, we don't share the same father. Of course that never bothered me, but my brother resents it deeply. Never felt like he belongs. All told, he has a long history of getting himself into trouble" Elijah answered.

"And I'm guessing you have a long history of getting him out of it," said Camille, making Elijah nod, smiling.

"What kind of bind is your brother in?" Camille asked.

"He believes there are people in this town that are conspiring against him," said Elijah.

"Wow, Narcissistic and paranoid" Camille replied shaking her head as Elijah observes her with interest and puts his hands together on the bar. " Sorry. Bartender with a grad degree in psychology. Total cliché"

"Listen, Camille, I'm looking for someone who might shed some light on his current predicament. She works here, Jane- Anne Deveraux. Any idea where I might find her?" Elijah asked.

"No. But I know someone who might'' Camille started looking at the man next to Elijah making him follow the way she was looking.

"What?" the man grumbled when he noticed that both of them were looking at him.

"You need to help him find Jane-Anne," said Camille, making the man sigh but nod after a moment of silence.

-----