TWENTY ONE

In a dream, Hayley was writing a letter when Klaus interrupted her

In a dream, Hayley was writing a letter when Klaus interrupted her. They share a moment together and feel the baby kick. But back in reality, the witches are holding Hayley down as she gives birth to her baby and while that's happening Hayley is narrating the letter that she's writing from the dream to her future baby.

Klaus arrives at the church where Hayley and the witches were but the witches hold him back from moving towards Hayley. In the end Hayley gives birth and Genevieve says that they must sacrifice the baby when the moon fades into the morning sun, so they have time. Hayley asks to hold her new baby, and she goes but then Monique, one of the witches cuts her throat and they take the baby. Elijah and Ace show up at the church, to find Hayley dead and Klaus grieving and their newborn gone.

Back at the Mikaelson Mansion, Davina shows up and realizes Marcel was bitten. She finds out that Klaus bled on the street when he was fighting MArcel, and she goes to get some of his blood. Davina comes back to the mansion with half a cup of Klaus' blood, but it's not enough for everyone and Marcel wants Josh to take it. Marcel wants to go find Klaus, but Cami stops him and says she has a weapon he can use.

Elijah asks Klaus how this whole thing happened, and Klaus said he was bested. However, they realize they have time to save the baby. They show up at the cemetery to find the witches, and realize that the witches have fabricated some sort of illusion where they will go through the same part of the cemetery over and over so they can't find them.

Cami shows Marcel and Davina the secret closet that her uncle had, filled with weapons that were made by witches. Davina finds a star that's been said that one throw causes a thousand cuts, so Marcel takes that to make Klaus bleed.

At the cemetery, Elijah confesses that he let Hayley into his life and heart, which he never does, and because she's gone Klaus has broken him. At the church Ace was sitting next to Hayley when she came back from the dead and remembers everything that happened.

While preparing for the ceremony Monique hopes that Genevieve doesn't go through with the sacrifice, so the Ancestors kill her and they can get Cassie, the fourth Harvest girl back.

Davina was looking at Esther's spell book to bring Mikael back from the dead, and it says she needs to channel power from a rare occurrence, and Mikael suggests the miracle baby. Davina starts the spell to bring Mikael back as the witches start the ritual to kill the baby.

Hayley and Ace show up at the cemetery, surprising Elijah and Klaus. Klaus says that Hayley died with the blood of the baby in her system, and she needs to feed on her baby's blood in order to complete the transition and be reborn into a hybrid.

Davina completed the spell to bring Mikael back and he feeds on the vampires from the mansion. Hayley was able to find the witches and stop the sacrifice, but the witches have the aid of all the ancestors.

Marcel shows up, and he throws the star at Monique before she's able to sacrifice the baby, and then he kidnaps it. Klaus finds Marcel and the baby at the mansion, but he was too late, all of his vampire friends are dead. Marcel apologizes about bringing Mikael to town so long ago, but Klaus says he's willing to help Marcel since he saved his child. Klaus holds his baby, while Mikael watches from afar like a stalker, holding the white oak stake in his hand.

Klaus puts his baby in the cradle, and Mikale shows up to kill him but Davina casts a spell to control him. Klaus could sense something is up, but Mikael was already gone. And it turns out that Davina linked her to Mikael, and has all control over him. She wants him to be kept in the attic as a secret weapon like she was.

Genevieve says it was Ester's decree to kill Klaus' baby. She says as long as it lives, then all the New Orleans witches will come looking for it. But she starts to die, from the ancestors, and then Hayley kills her. Klaus is worried that Hayley and his baby will never be safe, and there are too many enemies in New Orleans. Elijah says they will make their home a fortress and Klaus thinks they should run.

Hayley thinks that the only thing to do is to send their baby away while they stay behind and clean up the mess they made. Klaus then thinks they should fake their baby's death, to save their family.

Francesca is holding a press conference about how she will protect the city when Marcel shows up and meets Oliver to make a deal. They are framing Oliver and his new pack for the death of the baby. He tells Oliver that Klaus will never forgive him or his back for the murder of his baby, which puts the leverage on their side.

Cami comes across the memorial for those killed in battle, and finds a plaque for the baby so she visits Klaus. He tells her that the baby died, and she thinks it's her fault for not finding out about Francesca earlier. Klaus tells Cami that they can't be friends, because his demons are hellbent to destroy him and all things he calls beautiful, she is one of them.

Marcel has agreed to be compelled to forget about the baby as long as he gets vials of Klaus' blood. They decide to give the baby to Rebekah, who will protect her. Klaus tells Rebekah that she's the only one he trusts with his child. When Rebekah asks what the baby's name is, Klaus says her name is Hope.

Cassie rises from the dead, and it's revealed that Esther has taken over her body.