SEVENTEEN

KLAUS BEDROOM

Ace wakes up in Klaus' bed to find that he's already awake and painting a portrait of him.

"You're up early. After the night we had, I expected you to sleep in." Ace murmured with a smirk.

"Yes, well, morning sun offers the best light. Hold still. I'm almost finished." Klaus replied, looking at Ace for a second before turning back to the painting.

Ace smiles and stretches before he gets up from the bed and pulls on some pants that were on the floor beside the bed. He walks over to Klaus where he was sitting and painting. Ace tries to look at the painting, but Klaus hides it from his sight.

"Well how did it go with Genevieve yesterday?" Ace asked before he walked back to bed and took a seat on the edge of the bed and looked at Klaus.

"Well we have a pact, I told her what the French Quarter witch would gain when they align with us." Klaus said not looking at Ace.

"And what is that?" Ace asked.

"Well, the treaty my dear brother negotiated between the warring factions of this city, the one that she herself signed. No doubt everyone means well, but this is after all...Still the French Quarter." Klaus explained with a laugh before he continued. "A borough rife with natural enemies. What the witches need is the protection which only I can provide. No one-- not vampires, not werewolves, not even my brother-- will dare trifle with the witches if I am on their side. And I only wanted a promise of their allegiance."

Ace got up from the bed and walked over to Klaus and kissed him.

ABATTOIR COMPOUND

Elijah has men renovating the compound. Klaus and Ace come downstairs to find the source of the noise.

"Enough with all the racket!" Klaus called out to his brother and the other men.

"Is there a problem, brother?" Elijah asked his brother before he turned to the workers. "Gentlemen, please."

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody three-ring circus." Klaus replied.

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not." Elijah answered his brother.

"I agree with your brother. It's a new era in the French Quarter. This place could use a makeover." Genevieve said as she walked inside the room.

"Careful, Elijah. When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something." Klaus warned.

"Actually I do have a request. I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now with the new peace, I'd like that to change." Genevieve stated.

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" Elijah questioned.

"The Fête des Bénédictions. Feast of the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest girls to society. " Genevieve stated.

"So your coven attempted to destroy my family and you yourself held my siblings in unspeakable torment. And you would like a party for the witches." Elijah questioned with a serious face and Klaus chuckled.

"I made my amends with your brother. Why don't you think it over?" Genevieve said before she left.

"Oh, don't be so stiff, Elijah. The tourists love a good festival. Besides, what better way to cement the solidarity than a show of faith toward a one-time enemy?Klaus questioned.

"An onetime enemy with whom you have been intimate with." Elijah stated.

"Well, who said maintaining alliances can't be fun?"Klaus questioned before he continued. "And for the record I would never do that now." Klaus stated before he looked at Ace who was talking to one of the men, Elijah followed his eyes and saw that he was looking at Ace.

"One would think you'd be a little more interested in attending to the needs of the mother of your child." Elijah said.

"So, she's the reason behind this oh-so-thoughtful renovation? Elijah, the truth is, the mother of my child is werewolf royalty. She's far safer in the bayou with her pack than she would ever be here with us. Don't worry. I'll bring her home before the birth. No child of mine will be born in a swamp." Klaus said.

ROUSSEAU'S

Klaus enters the restaurant to talk to Cami about something serious.

"What do you want?" asked Cami.

"I formed an alliance with someone who may be able to help your uncle." Klaus explained.

"Let me guess. Tall, redhead, axe to grind? Those resurrected witches are the ones who hexed Kieran in the first place. Why would she want to help?" Cami questioned.

"Because it's my decree that she does. I believe the words you're looking for are "thank you." By all means, say no if you have an alternative." Klaus stated.

"No." Cami mumbled before Klaus left, but Cami changed her mind. "Wait. Do whatever you have to do. Just help him."

VAMPIRE TERRITORY, HUMAN TERRITORY & WEREWOLF TERRITORY

Elijah and Ace meet with Diego and the rest of the Vampire Faction about the Feast of Blessings.

"You want us to go to a witch event on bended knee and give them a gift? I'm sorry, but I just remembered. We're busy doing just about anything else that night." Diego said.

"Diego, this isn't a request. Your name is on that treaty. Now, if you have any difficulty whatsoever with your newfound position, I'd be more than willing to remove you."Elijah stated.

"I never thought I'd see the day. Vampires bowing down to witches."Diego confessed as Elijah meets with Francesca, the Human Faction leader.

"I see it as a demonstration of strength, acknowledging a lesser faction." Elijah said.

"But you're not asking, are you?" Francesca questioned with a laugh. "Oh, I see it's true what they say about you, Elijah. You make even strong-arming seem noble. Well, the tourists do eat this stuff up. Can you imagine what they'd think if they suddenly found out it was all real? I take it, you want me at the public show and the private party afterward?"

"That is correct." Elijah stated.

"I'd be happy to attend. And in return, you will owe the humans a favour. " Francesca declared.

Elijah and Ace next meet with Jackson, Oliver, and Hayley on behalf of the Crescent wolves.

"Your people are uniquely poised to set an example for the rest of the French Quarter. Which is why it's important for the wolves to attend." Elijah said.

Thanks, but no thanks?" Hayley grumbled making Ace shake his head at her and Oliver who was standing next to her sigh.

"Let's hear the man out." Oliver stated.

"The witches are the ones that cursed your pack. And they've been nothing but crap to me since I first came to town." Hayley replied before turning to Elijah. "No. We're not going."

"It's a new day in the Quarter, Hayley. I agree with Oliver. If we're gonna coexist, we have to play ball. We'll send a representative with a gift. " Jackson declared.

Ace frowns before he looks at Elijah as Hayley, who is annoyed, walks away. He catches up with her and talks with her privately.

"That was too easy. Don't trust him. Don't trust any of them." Ace whispered to her. Elijah nodded thinking the same thing as Ace.