FOURTEEN

KLAUS'S BEDROOM

KLAUS'S BEDROOM

Klaus lies in bed shirtless, his eyes closed and gasping as Elijah watches.

"This was all you." Elijah stated to Klaus.

Ace rushes into the compound in a hurry. The other vampires glance at him, confused by why he was running. He had just found something out about his family that he wanted to cheek upon but before he could do that he was interrupted by Elijah that needed his help.

"Ace" Elijah calls out to Ace and gestures for him to enter the room. "Please."

"Why did you call me? Have you found a way to help Cami's uncle?" asked Ace, who was involved in Cami's business because they had been friends for a couple years and he helped her out in the bar where she worked.

"I can try, but first, I need your help. " Elijah answered.

"I don't have time for games, Elijah. Cami says the hex on him is getting worse by the day." Ace stated.

"My brother has a mystical torture device buried in his chest, and the mother of his child is inexplicably missing. So, I can assure you, I have no time to play any games, either. " Elijah remarked.

"What do you need me to do?" Ace questioned as his face grew serious.

They looked down at Klaus, who was laying on his bed.

"The dagger the witch gave me is inside of him?" Ace asks as Elijah removes his jacket and rolls up his sleeve.

"And every second it remains causes Niklaus untold suffering." Elijah stated.

"Who stabbed him?" Ace asked, confused.

"I did, and now I intend to remove it. You might want to take a step back." Elijah admitted.

"Why am I here?" Ace asks, still confused.

"Because of all the people that could be here, you're probably the only one he wouldn't immediately slaughter. " Elijah stated as he uses a scalpel to slice into him along the red scar on his stomach. "Also, he speaks of you." He plunges his hand into Klaus' chest. "with what is a rare degree--for him, at least--of respect. I can see you challenge him to see himself and others in a new light" Elijah remarked as he finally pulled the knife out of Klaus' chest, and he groaned.

"AGH!" Klaus cried out in agony.

"A wonderful skill that I shall be counting on very shortly. You see, Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. So, watch over him and feed him, if you would. But slowly, please, and from your wrist." Elijah said.

"Don't you guys have bags of blood in storage?" Ace questioned.

"We do, but your blood is laced with vervain, that was put in your blood. So, it will burn him. He'll ingest it slower. Perhaps you could use the time constructively, persuade him not to murder his baby sister." Elijah stated as he turned to Klaus. "Niklaus, It was not my desire to bring you pain, but I will not see you hurt Rebekah." Elijah said as he turned back to Ace. "Now, I fear Sabine may be making a final move against us. I intend to find her and to end this."