NINETEEN

ST. ANN'S CHURCH (DREAM SEQUENCE)

The citizens of the French Quarter all prepare themselves for Father Kieran's funeral service. A long line of community members and family, including Cami, Francesca, Genevieve, and Marcel, make their way to Father Kieran's open casket to pay their respects. Klaus arrives late, and by the time he reaches the casket, everyone else at the service is already seated in the pews. He greets Cami and gives her a kiss on the cheek before going to give his respects to Father Kieran. However, when he opens the casket, Father Kieran is gone, and in his place is a baby. The baby coos at him, and he smiles.

"Hi." Klaus said as he reaches down to pick the baby up, but before he can, a squishing noise is heard, and blood pours from Klaus' mouth. He's been staked from behind with the indestructible white oak stake. When Klaus turns around, Mikael is standing there, grinning. He grabs Klaus in a chokehold.

"Greetings, boy" Mikael hissed with a sneer.

Klaus awakens with a start in his bedroom in the Abattoir compound next to Ace. After gasping for a few moments, he lies back down in bed. Ace turns around from where he was laying on his side with his back towards Klaus, to look at Klaus who was panting.

"Are you okay?" Ace asked with his raspy and dark voice that he had gpt from sleeping.

Klaus nodded slowly, not really looking at Ace who was worried about Klaus because he had a lot to deal with and there were a lot of people that wanted to hurt Klaus and his family or people that Klaus cared about.

Klaus turned his head so he could look at Ace's face, he gave him a small smile to show that he was okay.

"You want to talk about it?" Ace asked.

Klaus sighed before moving closer to Ace on the bed and pulled Ace into his side so Ace could put his head on Klaus bare chest. "I had a dream and Mikael showed up."

Ace nodded and continued to listen to Klaus who told him about the dream he had and ran his hand up and down on the side of Klaus chest so he really knew that he was there.

Ace moved so he had his head just above Klaus head when Klaus had finished telling him about his dream.

"I will be here for you if you ever need me" Ace said and gave Klaus a little smile.

Klaus gave Ace a small smile back before pulling him down so Klaus could kiss him some and after a moment Ace had laid down so they both were laying down while they were kissing. Ace pulled away from Klaus but kept his eyes closed as he had his forehead against Klaus's.

Ace sighed softly before he opened his eyes to look into Klaus eyes that were already looking at his face. Ace watched as Klaus' eyes moved all over his face, to his freckles, to his scar he had over his eyebrow, down to his lips before his eyes moved back to his green eyes.

Ace moved forward again so he could kiss Klaus again but this time more softer than before. Their kiss started to get rougher and Klaus put his arms around Ace's waist to pull Ace closer to his body so there was no space between the two while they continued to kiss each other.