Chapter 6

Stupid bag.

God damn it, close you stupid thing.

We have 30 minutes to get our things and be outside the hotel along with the others, so we can leave. But obviously my stupid bag has others plans.

My bag is on the bed and I'm sitting on top of it, trying to zip it up with Lucy's help.

"If you don't close at this very moment, I'm going to punch you." I've gone mad.

"Your bag is giving a fight." Lucy is red from the effort she's making to try and zip it up. It took me 10 minutes to close my other one, but we are taking almost 20 minutes with this one.

"Close, Close, Close," I say while jumping on it. Good thing I don't have anything breakable in there. Sarah and Beth went downstairs to tell Mr. Smith that we're having some difficulties with my stupid excuse of a bag.

"I hate being late. If I get there and everyone's already waiting, I'm going to kill you."

"Kate you can't kill an object," She says, in short breaths.

"Are you sure of that?" I can feel sweat starting to form on my forehead and under my nose.

"Yeah I guess?"

"Wait, on three I'll jump and push it down, and you try to zip it closed."

"Why are you whispering? There is only the two of us here."

"No, he is here too, I don't want him to know the plan." I point at the bag; Lucy looks dumbfounded at me for a moment, probably thinking that I've finally lost it. She recovers and nods.

"One, Two... Three!"

I jump, Lucy moves, and we hear a wonderful 'zippp' sound. Looking down, I see that we made it. Standing up, I give a high five to Lucy and I can't prevent myself from saying to my bag, "Take that motherfucker."

We check if we have everything and go to the hall next to the others. Some students are still missing, and the bus hasn't arrived yet, which means that I'm not late, yes. Lucy and I sit next to Beth and Sarah who are talking animatedly.

"Hey," someone interrupts our conversation. When I turn around, I'm met with three pairs of eyes that belong to three, handsome guys. Dylan and the two other guys that seem to be always with him, "Sorry to bother you, I didn't mean to interrupt or anything, but Mr. Smith said to pass the message along that he should be here in 10 minutes. And then we can all head to the buses. So, yeah," Dylan says slightly embarrassed.

"Oh, okay. Thank you for letting us know." I send him a smile that hopefully will show him that I appreciated it.

"So... care to introduce your friends to us?" Beth says with a silky voice. She acts like those single, middle aged, women that are always chasing men or boys; whatever is convenient to them.

"Yes, sure. Hmm, this is Ed." Dylan points to the ginger one who sends us a smile and a nod. He's cute; you can see it from miles away, with his guitar on his back, and the strap holding it on his shoulder. I risk a glance at Lucy, and I try to hide the grin that wants to leave my face when I see the blush on her cheeks along with her shy smile.

Then Dylan points to the other one, "This one is Nathan." This one caught my attention. His face remains blank, you can't see a single emotion on his face; his lips are pinched together in a thin line, his hair needs a big haircut, and so that his hair doesn't fall on to his face, he wears a bandana. He is wearing a simple black t-shirt, which makes it possible to see the tattoos on his arms, and black skinny jeans.

All in all, he is definitely the most attractive of the three; he looks like a bad boy, but at the same time he looks like the mysterious boy that no one wants to get to know. Until one girl decides to take a chance; that's me.

As if he could sense that I was glancing at him from head to toe, his green eyes connect with mine. My heart skips a beat and I don't even know why. His eyes burn into my own and then travel down my body, doing exactly the same thing I was doing to him not even a minute ago. I stay still while his eyes travel all over me; I feel vulnerable under his gaze, it seems like he can see all of me. Heat spreads throughout my body. I watch his face closely for any type of expression, some change.

I expect any kind of emotion, but the only ones that can come to mind, are bad ones; disgust for my body, pity for the lame person I am, confusion as to why I was checking him out... I mean studying him.

When his eyes return to mine, I'm surprised to see a smirk on his face and a tiny sparkle in his eyes. I feel like a deer caught in the headlights. I wasn't expecting that reaction. He looks almost satisfied with what he saw. My lips are parted, and my mind is spinning, and I can't tear my eyes from his. I've never seen a green like that. They are so deep, so captivating, so hypnotizing, so vibrant, and so powerful.

Lucy calls me, which breaks our little moment. I look her way and ask her, "What is it?"

"Dylan asked you a question."

"He did? You did?" I reply now to Dylan.

"It was nothing special. I mean, I asked the other girls and they all replied, and you didn't. I just wanted to know that about you, but it's a stupid question." He is nervous; you can tell.

"What if you simply spit it out?"

"What's your favourite colour?" You must be kidding with me. That is without a doubt, a stupid question.

"Purple, I guess? But why?" He shrugged like he himself didn't know why he asked it. Sarah decides to save him from looking even more like an idiot, "Don't worry about it Dylan, she wasn't hearing our talk, she's always day dreaming."

"Hey." I poke her with my elbow feeling insulted, "I'm not always daydreaming, and I wasn't right now, I was just..." I stop myself before I finish the sentence. What am I supposed to say? That I almost raped Nathan with my eyes and this was the first time we met? I don't think so.

I can feel Nathan's eyes burning holes into my head, waiting for me to finish the phrase "... I was just, deep in thought." I decide to say.

They keep talking, satisfied with my reply, but I can still feel his eyes on me. Determined, I look at him and as I suspected he was looking my way, still with a large smirk. I raise my brows, asking him a silent question of what he wanted. A chuckle leaves his lips, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand, as he shakes his head and finally looks away from me.

They keep talking for a while, while I remain quiet and simply watch their interaction. Someone clears their throat and the students, now all in the hall, shut up and look at Mr. Smith accompanied by the other teachers at his side.

"We're going to sit somewhere. See you." Dylan whispers to us and quietly leaves with Nathan and Ed. Nathan sends me a wink that makes my heart flutter, but I remain as expressionless as possible.

Mr. Smith and the other teachers appear and inform us that our next stop is Lisburn. He explains everything, including all the details about what we are going to see and do. After that we grab our bags and are ready to go.

I have the biggest and brightest smile ever, thinking about everything I can see in Lisburn; if it's as beautiful as Belfast, I'm for sure going to love it. Then I feel eyes on me, so I turn around, and on the other side of the hall, there is Nathan looking at me, with a smile on his face that makes his dimples come out.

He intrigues me. Today was only the first day I've seen him, and he is affecting me more than I wish he could. He is seated next to Dylan, with his arms on his knees and his hands clasped together with his green eyes boring into mine.

It feels as if he is Edward Cullen; the mysterious guy that captures everyone's attention. And I'm Bella Swan; the girl that desperately wants to know him. Or he is Christian Grey, the sexiest man I've ever laid my eyes on and I'm Anastasia Steele; the poor girl that doesn't know what she is getting herself into. But she is going to get fucked up, literally and hypothetically speaking, when she discovers about his inner demons.

And I really, don't want to end up, fucked up.