Chapter 42

I watch the rain hit the ground covered with snow melting it away, it's pouring and with the force and amount of water that is falling from the sky it doesn't seem like this is going to stop anytime soon.

I remain on the dirty floor with my arms wrapped around my legs and my chin on my knees as I observe the rage of the nature.

At least Mother Nature and I have something in common, we are both angry, sad, frustrated and beyond broken... The wind blows strongly and sends my hair everywhere, but I don't move to put it in place.

I stay put and don't break my gaze from the small droplets of water that meet the ground one at a time, the wind freezes me to the bone but it's good to be received with something that is capable of making me react, making me feel. The only thing that I can detect on my body is the burning sadness in my veins and the dull pain in my chest.

I feel someone sitting by my side, but I don't turn to look at the new visitor, not wanting to leave my bubble just yet. Something warm is placed over my shoulders and wrapped around my form, I mentally thank whoever got the blanket for me, though I have an idea of who may be.

Not me or my companion speaks, I still haven't dared to look and see if my suspicions are correct. For one side I want it to be Nathan because I want him to be there for me and he always understands me, we have gone through so much, but we still stick together, yet, I don't want him to be there with me. Not right now at least, I don't want him to see me this weak and fragile though I know that he has seen me in a state like this before if not similar.

"The weather seems to understand us," A hoarse voice says and my doubts of who may be by my side were now answered.

I continue to look at the rain without saying a word and without moving a muscle.

"I prefer snowing to raining. Don't you agree?" He tries once again but I do the exact same thing I did on his first try... nothing.

He sighs and I see, by the corner of my eye, him rubbing the back of his neck before passing his hands over his face.

I change the angle of my head so now instead of looking at the outside I'm looking at Nathan while my ear is resting on my knees. He groans onto his hands and I swear that I can see the wheels on his head working... to what purpose, I don't know.

In one swift movement he lets his hands fall and turns to me ready to say something but when he sees me already looking at him, he stops. He stays there looking like a golden fish, opening and closing his mouth with nothing coming out of it and I just glare.

"I-I... hm" He struggles with the words, "I'm sorry."

He eventually says a coherent phrase that makes sense to me, he looks at me probably waiting for me to say something next, but I want him to elaborate more.

"Look... I hm, I know that you're suffering with this, after all Sarah is one of your best friends and she's in a really severe state. I guess that I'm apologizing because... well, I don't know to be honest, I just can't handle seeing you like that and if I could I would take your pain away and pass it to me so I wouldn't see the sadness in those gorgeous green eyes of yours."

When Nathan ends his speech I'm now the one that doesn't know what to say, I'm clueless. I can say thank you but for some reason it doesn't seem to fit, I can start crying drool and snot but that isn't what I want so I opt the next choice.

"Is she going to be okay?" Without my better judgment a tear falls from the corner of my eye, it catches Nathan's attention and with his thumb he cleans it, but he doesn't remove his hand of my cheek after clearing the tear from my face, he lets it linger there while he traces circles on my rosy cheek.