Chapter 54

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep...

What the heck?

Can someone silence my alarm clock? Oh, wait that's my duty, stupid thing can't shut up for a second.

I try to move my arm to reach over my bedside table when I find it impossible, my arm is heavy for some reason, and I discover that I can't also move my other arm when trying it out. I can feel a pounding in my head, but I can't move it from side to side.

What is going on?

Whoever I end up engulf in darkness before having an answer.

***

"Any news?"

"Unfortunately, no, she remains on the same state."

"But if the venom is out of her body and everything else is fine, she should've been awake by now. What's taking so long?"

Venom?

"She suffered a trauma, a panic attack in large proportions if you prefer, so her body closed down. She'll come back when ready."

"We can't do anything else Doctor?"

"I'm sorry to say this... but no."

I can feel myself getting tired all over again and my head getting heavier, I try to fight it and hear the conversation that for an unknown reason seems to be important, but I end up losing consciousness.

***

I feel a warm hand touching mine, making tiny circles on my knuckles, the slow motion calms me down and I feel restless.

The touch is so familiar to me, which is hood.

"I'm here waiting for you", someone says.

***

I'm awake again, I can't hear a single thing except for the sound of many 'beeps', which now I guess aren't from my alarm. My head is a mess of thoughts and I can't comprehend what is happening, where I am, and what this is all about...

Am I dreaming? No, wait that doesn't make sense, because I'm 100% sure that I'm awake... right?

I hear a door close not far away from me, and seconds later someone sitting close to me, right next to the place I'm laying.

I feel a stroke on my cheek, and I want to open my eyes and see who is doing that, but my eyelids refuse to obey me, so I stop fighting it and enjoy the feel of the touch.

"I missed you." A soft voice says, I can almost put my finger on who is talking yet at the same time I can't.

"I can't believe you're in front of me, after so long. I really thought I lost you." You can hear the sadness and the restrain in that voice and it breaks my heart, I want to hug the person and say that everything is going to be fine. That I'm here and I'm not going anywhere.

"Now that I found you, you can't leave me. You have to fight through this and come back to me, you have to." The voice is like a lost memory, I know that I have heard it before, I just can't tell when and who it belongs too.

But it seems like I won't discover now.

***

Slowly but surely, I open my eyes. Everything is white and the light that comes to the window by my left is making it hard for me to open my eyes wider. When I manage to adjust to the sun, I look around me only to see that I'm on a white room, with lots of machines by my side while laying on a bed with white sheets...

I try to move my neck, but a pain pierces me, immediately my hand flies to cover the spot on the left side of it and I feel a bandage.

Okay... According to my surroundings I'm in a hospital, but how did I get here?