Chapter 15

I grab my elastic and start to make a bun, or try to make one while walking, it comes out sort of messy but whatever.

I take my phone from my pocket and check the time. 13:31 pm it says. Where did time fly to? We have been walking for hours just like yesterday.

When I left Nathan, I went to help Beth pack her things, she was still a bit shaken up with everything but was trying to not show it. Always a brave girl.

I stumble on a branch and try to regain my equilibrium, I'm constantly zooming out, I need to keep my mind in check and focus on where I put my feet.

"You're so clumsy," Lucy says by my side.

I turn to look at her and shrug my shoulders "It is my mom's fault, she also has the clumsy gene," She laughs and keeps walking "So, what's going on between you and Ed?" I ask her.

"Umm, nothing."

"Ah, sure, I definitely believe it." I say sarcastically.

"I don't know, okay? I really like being around him, we enjoy each other's company and he is sweet." A smile appears on her face. I look at Ed and raise an eyebrow.

"Ed is sweet? Since when?"

"He may not be sweet and caring with you, but he is with me, and you're not friendly with him."

"What? Why would I be? He got us here in the first place, if it wasn't for his stupid idea maybe by this time I would be eating a burger."

"Don't act like that Kate, it wasn't his fault, we all agreed to come."

"But I was reticent for some reason," I whisper, "I didn't volunteer to come here." This time I say loudly enough for her to hear.

"You came willingly."

"No, I didn't. I was reluctant. I only came because Nathan challenged me. Not the smartest move I did." I lower my eyes to the ground, I didn't want to come here, but still, I came and now we are lost.

"Talking about Nathan. What's going on between you two?" My cheeks start to redden.

"Umm, nothing." I answer her the say way she did to me.

"Sure, it's not like no one noticed the way you looked at one another." A devious smirk appears on her lips. She must have learned it with Ed.

"What are you talking about?" My voice turned high pitch without my permission.

"You wanted to jump at his bones and devour him right there, and for the way he was looking at you he wouldn't mind."

I stay silent. How can I reply when what she said is 100% true? I risk looking at Nathan, his back is facing me, but I have such a gorgeous view. The muscles on his back move lightly, his hair is held back with the help of a bandana, I travel my eyes down his back again, and even lower till I see his firm bu-

"Kate!"

"What?" I jump. I literally jump, and so graciously fall on the ground. A roar of laughter is heard, I look around everyone is laughing, Ed is clutching is belly from how hard he is laughing, Sarah and Lucy are giggling, Dylan is crying, and patting Ed's back and Nathan has an amused smile on his face. Beth is the only one that isn't laughing her ass off, she looks at me almost concerned.

My cheeks start to redden again but this time not from embarrassment but from anger. They think this is so funny. Idiots, all of them.

Nathan steps in my direction and extends his hand to me while trying to contain his smile so it won't get wider, "Need help?"