Chapter 20

Anyone would think that I would be crying after what happened, I'm a baby after all and I seem to be crying all the time since I got to this place. Instead I'm petrified, it's like my mind can't come up and understand the information my eyes sent. The horrifying vision keeps replaying on my mind, as if a never-ending film. My heart squeezes just thinking about who the hand belongs to and what led to this barbaric act.

Nathan hasn't let me go since his arms wrapped around me, and now seated on his lap while cradled up against him I try to forget the rest of the world and focus on him.

His beating heart racing on his chest firmly pressed to my ear. His manly cologne, which you would think would be gone by now, after so many days at the forest. His massive hands traveling up and down my body and not to forget the soft kisses that he gives on my face, neck and shoulder.

To say that Nathan has become my personal shelter and safe place would be accurate.

A dry boom is heard making my head snap up, Dylan is sitting not too far away from me and Nathan with his head buried in his hands. He lets out a furious grunt before getting up.

"Shit! Son of a bitch." He is kicking and punching the trunk of a tree. His eyes closed and his lips in a frown, I can see blood dripping from his fisted hands.

"Dylan. Mate, Stop." Nathan's voice echoes through the calm forest.

"Don't tell me what to fucking do, and don't you dare to ask me to calm down." A growl, yes, a growl, leaves him, his chest is moving at and incredibly fast pace and his brown eyes are now deadly black.

"Beating the tree won't resolve anything."

"No but at least I can express my rage." I remain quiet and watch their interaction. Not saying a word, not making a sound. "I left them for a couple of minutes to go find you, if I had stayed with them maybe I could have prevented this."

I can see the pain shinning in his eyes, regret and sorrow is also there. For his words I can tell that he has the same opinion as me, that that hand is from one of the girls.

"Are you insinuating that it was because of us that this," Nathan points to the hand," ...happened?" I look at him in shock. What is he talking about? I replay Dylan's last words in my head and decipher the hidden message. My head turns to him my eyes wide open. He is accusing us. He is saying that it's our fault, this occurred because of us.

"I'm not saying that," He says as if reading my mind, "But if you had stuck with us and not give into your fucking desires of sucking each other I would be there to do something about it." He all but spit to us. Nathan pulls me closer to his body and wraps his arms with more force around me, as if... protecting me.

"Oh, I see. Sorry that you weren't able to be here so you could act all hero and save the day."

"I don't need to save the fucking day, I could have at least tried to stop it from happening." His orbs shift from Nathan's to the hand still lying on the ground.

"You are such an imbecile. Have you forgotten that Ed was with them? If he couldn't stop it what makes you think that you could?" Nathan's voice is raising, his tone harsher and his words are getting more powerful every time he speaks.

Speaking of Ed, where is he?

If this hand is from Beth, Lucy or Sarah, where are they?

Why aren't they here?

At that moment I hear something in the woods making me zone out of their verbal fight. I focus on the sounds around me, but the woods are quiet. I look around trying to see anything out of place, yet I only see the tall pines, the fallen leaves and snow.