Chapter 53

Time seems to freeze after his words, next thing I know everything is happening in slow motion. I can see Danny stepping towards me with an evil glint in his eyes that makes my heart stop completely but not even a full second later I feel someone grabbing my forearm.

I can't seem to process what is happening, since we met Danny I have basically been on my own little bubble, not saying much, not doing much, simply listening and thinking about this whole thing.

I turn my eyes in the direction of my arm to see a large hand with small tattoos on it pulling me, I follow the skin up and up till I'm met with the worried gaze of none other than Nathan.

"Run Kate!" He says to me, but his lips are moving so slowly that I get myself almost hypnotized by them. I look to his other arm that is now holding a much scared Beth... Why is she scared?

At the moment my brain records what I asked everything comes back to its normal pace, I look from them to my feet trying to adjust to the sudden change.

"C'mon Kate. Run!" I hear once again Nathan's voice, yet this time I don't only hear it at his fast pace but also detect a whole lot of emotions in it, the one that I notice above the others is panic. I turn my head slightly back because I want to see him, I want to see the man that caused all of this, but I am stopped, "Don't do it."

My head moves so fast at Nathan's order that anyone could've sworn that I broke a bone there.

And at that moment I notice that I'm not running, Beth and Nathan are running, but I'm being dragged by them, by Nathan. I soon start to move my feet, my legs, I make them run as fast as they can, I can hear a sigh leaving Nathan's mouth probably because I finally broke from my shocked state.

The three of us run, with no intention whatsoever to stop, with nowhere in our minds to go, the only thing that we are sure is that we have to run away from that monster... same monster that is keeping our pace. I can hear his boots crashing against the snow not far from us.

I can hear our breathing, I can hear my wild heart, my pulse, the blood running throw my veins, I seem to be able to hear everything and that lets me know that I have my adrenaline on high levels.

"Gotcha!" I hear a dirty voice shout before a scream is heard, Nathan's hand breaks free from me and we turn around, to see Beth being held to the ground with Daniel on top of her, my eyes widen as he smirks at us while pinning her down.

Nathan doesn't wait a second before he lunges at the guy throwing him to the ground, I run to Beth and push her all the way up from the floor, I begin to run to help Nathan when his voice stops me once again, "Go! I'll catch up with you." He shouts between punches and swift moves to cover himself.

I want to stay and help him but I'm pushed away from the scene by Beth, we run but we are still able to hear the commotion that the two of them seem to be causing, I'm out of breath and so is Beth but we continue to run forward.

Not long after I hear another voice, it's distorted at first, maybe because it's far away from us but it makes me stop in my tracks, I turn around and look through the pines awaiting to see who the voice belongs too, I finally see a vulture coming straight at us, I narrow my eyes hoping to get a better view of who it can be, but when I see a bun on the top of his head and green emerald eyes I know exactly who it is.

"Jesus Christ, why did you stop?" He speaks when he reaches us, grabbing both of us by the side and once again making us run.

"Where's he?" I manage to say, but I'm so tired, my breath is coming so fast that I'm going to be surprised if he actually understood what I said.

"I gained time, that's all you need to know." His phrase comes out in cut because of the short intake of breaths that he take, it's obvious that this is all taking a big amount of energy from us and no adrenaline can change the fact that we are starting to slow down because of the pain in our legs and our lungs.

The SurvivalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara