Chapter 18

Ughh.

My patience is running thin.

"Come here you stupid fish." I yell at the swimming animal.

How were cavemen able to capture fish when they were dumber than I am?

We are still hiding on the covert. Three days passed since the wolves' incident, and for my calculus this means that this is our fifth day on the woods, and we remain clueless of our location. Today morning we chatted about leaving but Sarah was hesitant to go because of the wolves and Lucy was saying that this was a good place to stay because we had shelter and water.

Unlike her I don't plan on sticking in this forest for long, so I don't want to stay on the den if not necessary I want to go home and that is exactly what I will do. All the boys agreed with my way of thinking, but since the girls weren't ready to leave we decided to stay here one more day hidden. While that we noticed that we were running low on food.

And for some reason I ended up here. On the river trying to fish.

How wonderful.

"The fish keeps getting away from me."

"Were you waiting for the fish to die willingly?" Nathan's voice sounds by my side, he is supposed to find nuts.

I crease my eyebrows, "Well, sort of... They could at least make the task easy for me."

"You don't understand anything of camping." He laughs.

"Sure, says the boy that is nuts but is trying to find nuts." I stick my tongue in his direction and that yearns me a frown on his face.

"I'm not nuts."

"All the crazy people say it. That is the first stage. Denial." I say while looking at the river and try to stick my piece of wood on another fish.

"Want to play a game?" I stop my movements and look at him.

"What game?"

"21 questions. Each of us asks the other 21 questions. I feel like I don't know you."

"That's because you don't."

"Let's start the game then" A cheeky smile appears on his lips.

"I never said I wanted to play."

"Don't be a party pooper." He pouts and his big green eyes lock with mine. He looks so sweet, lovely and innocent.

"Don't look at me that way." I turn my head to the water and try to focus on something, anything else.

His reflection shows up on the water, he is still pouting and making that look that only Puss in Boots has. Or at least I thought that he was the only one having it. "Please, Kate." He whines.

"Nope."

"Pretty please?" He joins his hands as if begging.

"Fine, fine." I sigh.

"Yes." He jumps and starts doing a little dance, kicking his feet and arms all over the place, he looks like a monkey, but I can't control myself and start laughing like a mad woman.

He stops and looks at me with a smile on his full lips but I'm not able to stop my laugh. Soon enough we are both laughing, not even knowing why, I have tears in the corner of my eyes and my belly is hurting.

Nathan is lying on his back and I'm on my knees, since I couldn't stand up straight for long. "Wow."

He breathes.

"Yeah." I let a few more laughs before finally stopping.

"What's your full name?" He speaks, startling me for an instant.