Chapter 35

"What the hell?" Are the first words that leave the mouth of a surprised Dylan. My punch hadn't enough strength to make him fall to the ground, but it was enough to make him stumble a few steps back thanks to the impact of my knuckles on his jaw and because I caught him out of guard.

"What the hell? What the hell? Are you fucking kidding me?!" My words are getting louder and louder. That fucking prick!

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Dylan snaps at me while he rubs his jaw that now is a bit reddish, but I don't care I just want him to know how pissed I am. I wish that I had broken his jaw or at least dislocated it.

"With me? What is wrong with you? You left your best friend behind because of a snake, and you didn't even tell us that. You made us cry and panic for long minutes because you're a coward."

Red. Red is all I see, the anger that is building inside of me with every word that that bastard says only increases. He had the nerve to leave Nathan, his friend, he left him in the dark, on the enemies territory because he was too scared of an animal.

"I'm not a coward." I can see his eyes getting darker, obviously he didn't like the name I called him. What a shame.

"Yes, you are. There are decisions in life that define us, this was one of them... and to you my friend I've to tell you that you're no man, you're a rat. And insignificant rat, that runs and hides when the danger is peeking."

"I would be careful with your mouth little one." He takes a step closer to me, his eyes are narrowed, and his attention is all on me, I can understand that his patience is getting thin and this is a warning for me to shut up.

I can hear the bells alarming me to stop, I can see the red lights that should make me cease my movements and words, but I ignore the real meaning of those signals and make a new meaning that can feed my needs now.

The red that I see is the anger, frustration and hate that I feel for the person standing in front of me, and the ringing bells is the same sound that you hear on a boxing ring. It's the signal that the confront will begin.

"Do you think that I'm afraid of you? Hmm? I don't Dylan, you're a weak mouse, one of those that you can step on and you'll only hear a small whimper of pain before you smash their lungs."

"Shut up." He says in a slow and poignant voice that screams danger but once again, I ignore the signs that are right in front of me.

"You made us think that Nathan was gone, that something had killed him, and you needed to save your life otherwise you would die too. But no... You left because of an animal that only attacks when feeling threatened."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"Fuck no I don't. But if I had gone there with him instead of you I would have stayed with him no matter what."

"You don't despise snakes." His face shows how angry he's becoming, you can see his jaw shut tightly and with the strength that he is making I bet that he is going to break his teeth.

"It could be a fucking bear in there, and I would prefer to die to save his life or die with him than leaving!" I scream to him.

He stays silent and I assume that it finally clicked for him, that he noticed how fucked up he is to leave Nathan and make us suffer because he was embarrassed of being afraid of a snake. But soon I discover that the reason why he went silent was because indirectly I told everyone that I care for Nathan way more than all of them thought. At this point I just shrug it, later I will face the consequences of letting them all know, but now there are more important things to focus on.

"You don't know what it feels like to have to say the truth to everyone at the point that you'll only humiliate yourself."

"You don't know what it feels like to have someone making you think that an important person in your life just died and is gone. That was what you made me feel." I fire back. I want to scream to make him understand my inner battle and that my heart is still recovering from the pain it felt minutes ago, but my voice is low and intimidating.

A knife could cut the tension that is between me and Dylan.

"You didn't even have the courage to tell us that Nathan was inside and was alive, that you left for a stupid and wrong reason."

That was the last drop for Dylan, after the words leave my lips he runs to me and I think for a second that he is about to push me to the floor but unfortunately for him he doesn't know who he is messing with. I raise my knee and it makes contact with his crotch.

Excused to say that he falls to his knees and grabs his now injured cock. He grunts and lets out moans of pain. I'm enjoying the show and I want to making suffer a little more but when I'm about to press my fingers on the base of his neck to cause him more pain, Nathan grabs me from behind.

I'm so damn tired of people stopping me midway. Why can't they let me finish my actions?

"Kate, do you realize how much that hurts? He probably isn't going to have children based on the force of your kick."

"Then I made a favor to the humanity, nobody is going to have to handle a mini him, with his personality."

"Well at least I know that you can defend yourself." He says from behind, his hands rest on my hips and he brings my back to his front. I see the others helping Dylan that still hasn't moved an inch from the ground, his hands still attached to the front of his jeans.

"When I was little I took karate classes, and my grandpa used to practice boxing, so I know how to kick someone's ass." My eyes are sending taggers to Dylan but when Nathan turns me to him, and I see his green eyes my look immediately softens.

I thought that I would never see his eyes, that I would never see this green that I love so much. Purple has always been my favourite colour but not anymore... my favourite colour is the colour of Nathan's eyes... such a catchy and hypnotizing green.

"Hello cupcake! Did you miss me?" A small smile forms on his lips and his dimples appear. Just knowing that minutes ago I was mourning because of this boy and now I'm in his arms is unbelievable.

Not caring about the world about us I lift myself on my tiptoes and give Nathan a kiss. Our second kiss, but more important the one that he said that he would come back for, and he did, so now he deserves to have it.

He looks surprised at first with my move because he doesn't respond, however that changes quickly when I feel him pressing my lower front to his. His hands descend to my butt and he gives a small squeeze. I gasp and his tongue enters my mouth while he deepens the kiss.

You can taste our need for one another, not the lustful need but the caring, affectionate and emotional need. We have created a bond and a relation, we have something special and I don't want to lose this, I don't want to let this go; to let Nathan go.

We kiss passionately, slowly but with so much meaning, I express how relieved and thankful I am for having him here with me and I can feel by the soft moves of his tongue that he understands me.

I need this boy just as much as I need air.

And with that thought we come apart so we can fill our lungs with oxygen. "Wow," He says, and I can't prevent a laugh from leaving my lips. "What a great morning kiss."

'It's probably noon by now." I hug him and thank God for saving him, for bringing him to me, and with the thought of being in the arms of the boy that has changed my life with or without my permission, I cry and let all the agony out.

The fresh tears following the tracks that the dried ones made, crying for the same person but for a different reason, because now the difference is that I have Nathan. Safe and Sound.

The Survivalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें