009

Japan 8:30 a.m.

Rosè Pov.

I should have followed my path and not stopped to see that tree.

I should have not decided to take a walk that morning.

I should not have come to Japan.

"Rosé..."

Her voice, her voice is no longer the same as before, now it is more mature more husky. She has changed a lot but what does not change in me is my heartbeat when I hear her voice.

I should not feel this.

Kim Jisoo, the person that I loved for the first time and the person who broke my heart with six simple words and who I haven't seen in 10 years, is now here. Right in front of me and in less expected place.

I was always a person of soft character, always delivering the best of me and that is why I decided to be a doctor. Helping people is what I always wanted to do and I struggled to become a good doctor and in part I have to thank Jisoo.

Since she left, I decided to concentrate on one thing and that was on my studies, I couldn't continue crying for her.

Her eyes do not leave mine, her look is surprised at the opposite of me, I tried not to show her any gesture.

I still remember the first time I saw her.

Jennie is going to kill me, we're supposed to go to our new school together but I woke up late and I bet she's on her way to school without me.

I hurry to take a shower and put on my uniform to leave.

I run out of my house while I carry a toast with jam in my mouth.

I was running until I stopped  and realized that I didn't know the way to school, Jennie was the one who had the address. I was standing between four streets and I didn't know which one to take.

A voice took me out of my mental debate.

"You seem lost"

I turned to see the person and I felt shy under her intense look

"I-I am, I'm new in the city." I say as I look down, feeling ridiculous.

She does not respond and keeps walking. Passing by my side and I could smell her perfume, it's sweet.

I do not know why but I felt a little hurt since she passed by me like nothing.

A few seconds passed until I heard her voice again.

"If you don't walk, we'll be late." she says smiling.

Her smile, her smile has the shape of a heart. . .

"Rosé." Her voice brought me back to reality.

I wanted to cry but no, I don't want her to see me that way.

Without speaking or anything, I turned and decided to continue way. I will not let her presence affect my present and my life now.

I took a couple of steps until I heard her voice again.

"P-Please do not leave." she says softly evidently nervous.

I closed my hands in a fist and felt the anger dominate my body.

I could hear her footsteps approaching me but they stopped when I decided to speak.

"It's funny that now you're the one who asks me not to leave, do not you think?"

I turned to look at her and I could see sadness in her eyes.

The anger increased in me and with the tears becoming present.

"Do not look at me as if you really care what I feel!" I shouted, feeling the tears run down my face.

I had waited so many years for this moment just to tell her all the harm she did to me.

She looks down.

My heart stopped when she spoke.

"Chaeyoung, I care about you." she says in broken voice.

I look at her and I remember the last thing she told me 10 years ago.

"Please, just tell me why are you doing this to me, you and I love each other, you would never leave me, you promised. Please don't leave." I tell her crying as I grab her blouse while she looks toward the front door.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." She says as she grabs my hand and pulls it away from her and then goes out the door.

I laughed sarcastically as i wiped my tears.

"You're a liar, that's what you are and I hate myself for not seeing it before." I say angrily.

She looks down and approaches me but I step back.

"P-Please, let me explain," she says with puppy eyes.

No, Kim Jisoo left my life 10 years ago and I will not let her hurt me again.

"I don't want your explanations, everything is dead between us from 10 years ago... you were the one who killed everything we had."

I take a few steps away and turn to look at her again and she keeps looking with her empty eyes.

"I don't want you to come near me." I say as I turn my body and continue my way.

My eyes turn tearful and I let the tears fall as I walk leaving behind the person I once loved.