010

Lisa Pov

"Have you met the architect that we will be working with?" 

I was concentrated on reviewing the construction companies' requests and deciding which ones would be suitable for the project that will start tomorrow.

3 days ago we arrived in Japan and since then I have not had rest.

"I have not met him yet." I reply to Seulgi who had entered my office while removing her helmet.

"I feel like we're going to have a lot of problems with him." She says with annoyed face.

I laugh listening to Seulgi she really looked annoyed but instead of being scary, she looked cute.

"And why is that?" I ask as I sit beside her.

"I was talking to one of engineers about how we will start tomorrow, everything was fine until I was interrupted by that guy and he told me to leave, that he would take care of everything." She tells me while rubbing her temple.

"Don't worry, we'll see how to deal with the great architect Kim." I say smiling.

Seulgi was going to speak but the phone interrupted her. I walk to my desk and answer.

"Lisa, the architect Kim wants to see you." Sana tells me through the phone.

"Thanks Sana, tell him to come in." I tell her before hanging the phone.

"Speaking of the King of Rome, he just arrived." I say to Seulgi as I walk to the door, I watch her roll her eyes before settling into her seat.

I toke a deep breath before opening the door.

Great was my surprise to see the person who was in front of me, Kai Kim.

I could see that he was also surprised to see me.

"But look who we have here, the great Lalisa Manoban." He says as he walks into my office.

Now I know why Seulgi was so angry.

"Do you know each other?" Seulgi asks confused.

Kai stands in front of me with his look of arrogance.

Disgusting, i see that nothing has change in him.

"Oh yes Kang, Manoban and I used to go to the same school a few years ago, we were friends is not that right Lisa?" Kai says as he pulls out a cigarette.

"We never were Arq. Kim so I'd appreciate it if you please turn off your cigarette and tell why have you come to my office." I tell him as I walk by his side to go around my desk and sit in my chair.

His face turns dark as he let's go of cigarette and stomps it with his foot.

"I'll be direct with you and with Kang, I want both of you to cancel your contracts and leave it to me." he tells me seriously.

I see Seulgi get up from her seat but I let her know that I can handle him, she sits down again.

"And why would we do something like that, Kim?" I ask as I rest my chin on my hand.

He lets out a laugh and then sits down in front of me.

"Very simple, I can handle this better than you." he answers with arrogance.

"From what I see, you're still same and self-centered as always Kai, but I'm sorry to tell you that neither I nor Kang will leave." I say playing with my pen.

"You don't understand, you can not handle this, I'm the one who should be in charge of this and not be working with two women." he says quietly but his voice clearly shows anger.

Seulgi sat frowning as she watched us.

I Take a big deep breath before continuing to talk

"Why, because we're woman? Well, you're going to have deal with it and if you do not like it, you can go with Dr. Bae and tell her you're leaving the project." I say firmly.

He gets up furiously from his seat and leaves my office while he slams the door.

"Well ... that was intense, he was your friend?" Seulgi asks as she gets up and sits where Kai used to be.

I rub my temple trying to reassure myself. Why did the other architect have to be him? Why do I have such bad luck?

"No, how can you believe that I'm a friend with that guy?" Kai and I only went to the same school but we were like dogs and cats all the time, the guy hated me," I replied while drinking a glass of water.

"He's an idiot, I don't even want to imagine what his wife has to ho through every day, poor thing." She says with a small laugh.

I also laughed when she said that.

"You're right, poor woman who married him, one thing  I assure you, you can never  trust Kai Kim so we have to be careful with him," I say as I get up from my seat.

"Then we'll be careful for the mean time let's go eat, I pay, why don't you call Jisoo to come with us?" She says as she also gets up from her seat.

"I don't think she wants to, she got drunk again so she must still be sleeping." I tell him as we walk towards the door.

The day after arriving on Japan I left Jisoo at home because I had to see things from work with Seulgi but when we arrived at night we found Jisoo almost finishing a bottle of Whiskey, we asked her what going on but she only went up to her room and locked herself up and yesterday she did the same thing again.

I wonder what wrong with her. She does not usually get wasted for no reason. The last time I saw her in such bad condition was on our first night in New York and it was because of. . . Rose Park

I was deep in my thoughts until Seulgi's voice brought me to reality.

"Isn't that Kai?" She asks me as she points to the school that was a few steps away

And it was Kai, he was leaning on his car.

We watched as all the children left the main door of the school and we saw how one of them not older than 10 stopped right in front of Kai and he only made a nod indicating the kid to get in the car and the kid did it.

"It must be his son, apparently not great father either since he didn't even greet hes kid." says Seulgi as she begins to walk.

I wonder who was the woman who had the courage to marry Kai Kim and even have a son with him.