Chapter Nine

Ramadan is coming,  buckle up guys and do a gazillion acts of ibadah in this blessed month

Ramadan is coming,  buckle up guys and do a gazillion acts of ibadah in this blessed month. May Allah spare our lives to witness Ramadan and the night of majesty. Ameen.

HML Chingu.  May yours be among the very best and peaceful ones.

♡♡♡

Rufaidah spent two weeks bonding with her cousins, visiting and getting to know her extended family including her maternal relatives.  She took her Islamic studies seriously and even get to know that the inability to understand things at a normal speed might be as a result of the injury she sustained in her head because of the accident. She was moved when Zubaidah told her she is the reason why she want to become a brain surgeon.  She smiles a little bit more, visit Faridah who is still in coma everyday and even get to start drafting her first book in her Macbook.

Uncle Jibrin told her that he is making some arrangements to send her off to somewhere as she requested and that he will get back to her as soon as everything is settled. She bought a new wardrobe of decent clothes and even bought trads to be sewn for her by Zubaidah's tailor whom she vouched for as the best.

"I think I am ready to go home today" she said, donning on her Abayah after taking a long shower. 

"Haba mana, it's too soon,  please stay a little longer" Zubaidah whined,  puckering her lips in a cute pout.

Rufaidah laughed at her childishness " I can't hide here forever,  besides I need to mend things with the maids at home and I miss the comfort and privacy of my room and I want to sort everything out" she explained.

"If it's privacy you want, you can have Ya Hanan's old room all to yourself and I promise to not even come in unless you ask me to. Just stay okay?" She batted her eye like she's going to cry.

"Zubaidah, Zubaidah, Zubaidah yar autan Hajiya,  save your last born card because it won't work on me" Rufaidah smirked, ruffling Zubaidah's loose hair which she helped her wash earlier in the morning because it stinks which offended Zubaidah even though she knew it's true.  They argue endlessly on when last Zubaidah washed her hair to which she can't remember but defend herself by saying that Rufaidah is a freaky neat freak, the queen of freakies to be precise so even if she hasn't wash her hair for just a week she will still claim that it stinks.

"I promise to be coming often and besides, you're on break, you can come along to keep me entertained and less broody" she offered, winking at her.

"I hope Hajiya won't say no!" She squealed excitedly jumping up and down leaving Rufaidah with a slacked mouth not believing that a simple invitation will make her sweet cousin this happy. 

"I have never been to your new house but Yaya Hafeez always tell me that it will be the most beautiful house I've ever set my eyes on in this country" she babbled,  fishing out clothes from her closet throwing them into a medium sized box.