EPILOGUE

11 YEARS LATER

Gone are the days when she counts her blessings because they are very few in her chaotic world. She has grown mentally and spiritually beyond her wildest imaginations and she has no one but Allah, her amazing husband and supportive family to thank every waking day of her normal life.

They've had their differences, their ups and downs. Moments they don't wish to even see each  other's faces but it only made them stronger, solidified their relationship and gave them the assurance that they can weather through every storm that might come their way. Hand in hand till the end of time, beyond this dunyah in the gardens of Jannah where there is no pain, no sorrow, only unadulterated happiness and contentment.

Rufaidah waved at her two adorable kids whom she'd had complications bringing into the world, getting their attention to come towards where she parked her car. They alternate on taking the kids to and from school and it happened to be her turn.

"Assalamu alaikum Ummi" Muhammad and Aisha greeted her with wide smiles showing how happy they are to see their mother.

"Wa'alaikumussalam sweethearts, how was school today?" She replied patting their heads after collecting their bags and lunch box to be deposited in the trunk of the car.

"Alhamdulillah. I felt like flying out of the class to go home. I am so tired" Aisha, the lazy bum grumbled as she struggled to enter the back seat. Rufaidah helped her settle in before opening her own door. She started the car after saying 'Bismillah'.

"You always feel like flying Mamana. You should be patient and hardworking because after every hardship comes ease. I know that it is draining for you to come to school by eight and only leave by four. Your Abbi thinks it is better than attending two different schools" she kindly explained to her 6years old daughter named after her mother.

"I told her the same thing, she is just too stubborn. She doesn't rest during break time that's why she's always very tired" Muhammad who is 10 chipped in.

"I said I am sorry Yaya. Please don't tell Abbi. He will be mad at me" she squeezed her face like she's about to cry.

"Shhhh don't cry sis. I will not say a word to him. I promise" Muhammad pacified her as Rufaidah listened without saying a word knowing that she will only make her daughter cry.

When the got home, Rufaidah instructed her kids to go on about their daily routine of removing their shoes, dropping their bags in their rooms and putting their uniforms in the laundry basket after which they will head to the bathroom to take a bath as she prepares dinner for them. They will rest a bit waiting for Al'amin to come home a few minutes to maghrib. Al'amin and Muhammad will then head to the masjid while the ladies will pray at home.

"Why is she looking so dull today?" Al'amin asked as they were having dinner.

"You know her and her silly mood swings. She needs rest" Rufaidah replied, handing him a glass of water.

They ate in silence after which they moved to the living room for family time. They both help the kids with home work and their haddah.  After ishaa, the kids retired for the day after bidding their parents goodnight.

_________________________________________

"Baby I miss them, like so so much. We should visit them next week please" Hajar puckered her lips out to Shams begging him to find time in his busy schedule. They had  moved to another city a few years back and she's terribly missing her siblings and cousins.

"I told you that we will go during holidays. We can't travel when the kids are in session. Why do you always want to complicate things? When did you become this way?" He tried to sound stern and angry but his voice betrayed him making her burst into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.