Chapter Twenty Six

I begged for comments in last chapter. Sadly 💔Only three wonderful ladies obliged me. Ku cigaba da mun wulakanci I'll retaliate with a cliff hanger 😂. That being said, this chapter is dedicated to;

DeejahAmeenu salwaaaaaaat Zainabbabayo6. 😘🤗

_________________________________________

Al'amin started having financial problems out of the blue. In all the months the duo have been married, Rufaidah never asked for a single penny from him because he always provide for everything and persisted in giving her weekly and monthly allowance for her personal needs.

The week before, he claimed to have forgotten to drop something for her before leaving for work saying that he was in haste, she should forgive him. He's always sad and on edge brushing off her questions even before she asked them. She decided to confront him after dinner. come what may  she won't let her husband suffer for no reason. They have more than enough Alhamdulillah. They are not as rich as their parents and have ceased depending on them for a long while but still, it's their battle, and they will go through every difficulty together, as a family.

She breathed deeply before saying "Babes, what is going on at work?" She went straight to the point, wasting no time beating around the bush.

"Nothing Noor why did you ask?" He chuckled nervously, playing with his hands.

"You don't have to hide anything from me, you promised Maalik, we are married long enough for me to notice when you're in despair. I am your wife, I can handle anything. Just tell me okay?"

"I don't want you to be disappointed in me Noor, I am innocent but still I have nothing to prove it and they cut off my salary pending the investigation"

Her heart stopped beating for some seconds, 'investigation', 'innocence' 'proof' for what? " innalillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun, I don't get what you are trying to say Babe, tell me more please and I will never doubt you, I married a honest, kind and hard working man. We will go through whatever this is together and in shaa Allah whoever framed you will face the consequences of his actions" she vowed, inwardly fuming with rage.

Al'amin narrated everything that happened a few weeks after their wedding and months before then. His boss's sister is infatuated with him, she tried hard to get him but he paid no attention to her, she involved her brother who is also not able to convince Al'amin to be with her, she even proposed the idea of marriage with lots of money and privileges which he also declined. She traveled to only God knows where only to come back to the news of Al'amin's marriage. Two weeks later, the boss called him to his office accusing him of misappropriating the sum of Three hundred and Fifty Million Naira belonging to the company and that he will no longer be paid until investigations are fully conducted, he is to tell no one if he want to maintain his reputation as a good and honest person and that he should continue coming to work pending when either he return the money or he's been taken to court for appropriate sanction in accordance with the law.

"I am sure he wants to frustrate me until I give in to his sister's demands who is still vying for my attention. I see the mischievous smirks she sends my way and I suspect that it was all her doing to bring me down" he finished with a sigh,avoiding her eyes.

"You said you didn't tell anyone about this? Not even Mama, Baba or Yaya Shams?" She asked as calmly as she could, not giving into the urge to smash something on the wall. She hasn't been this angry for almost a year and she doesn't want Al'amin to witness this side of her which she is embarrassed about.