Chapter Twenty Four

Getting married is like taking a leap of faith. No one really knows what will happen, it can either be good or bad and the face behind the mask gets unveiled after getting to live under the same roof for long.

Rufaidah is mildly surprised at how Al'amin treats her like an egg for two days that they started living together as man and wife. She kept insisting that she is well rested and he keeps saying that she's not, she still need to regain her strength. Mama sends food three times a day so none of them had to cook or order take out.

"What will my Malikah want to do?" He asked removing his cap shortly after he came back from the mosque.

"What do you suggest we do? Should we go and visit our parents?" She asked innocently making him laugh so hard.

"They might think something is wrong. We are not to visit them until after a month or two. That's what newly married couple do" he teased with a poker face and since she's not privy to all those details she believed him.

"That's too long Malik. Please we should go after a week. At least they will be happy to see us"

Al'amin sat beside her hugging her to his side, he took a sniff of her body mist making her shiver before pinching her nose "you're such a baby Noor. I wonder why you act matured one moment and act like a new born the next" he entwined their hands together, drawing her as close as he can get her to his side as her heart beat accelerated.

"I want to do so many things to you Noor, I've dreamt and fantasized on having you here with me, in our own home, loving you, making you happy, pampering you, making you laugh, I can barely stop myself from actually showing you how much I love you but you're being cute and innocent and it fuels me up " He whispered huskily in her ears.

Rufaidah couldn't say a word, she started trembling in his arms. She understand what Al'amin meant by his words but she will never show him that she did because God knows she's scared of what will inevitably happen sooner or later. She might as well use her time well before his patience wears thin.

_________________________________________

"Noor Al'amin, The Malikaah of her Malik " Zuby's chirpy voice hits Rufaidah's ears a month after their wedding while she was cleaning the kitchen shortly after her husband left for  work.

"Allahu yahdiki Doctora. How are you and everything? You guys are pure evil, none of you think it is important that you check on me huh?" She pouted as if Zubaidah can see her.

"Are you sure you wanted us to come seeing that you are in your honeymoon phase and all. We decided that we don't want our innocence to be taken away from us. Hence, why we didn't even think of visiting you Noor"

"What do you mean by that? I hate you 99.9% of the time wallah"

"Don't tell me you are still like us?" Zuby gasped in horror.

"Like what? Am I supposed to change into something? What the hell are you talking about?"

"You look smart, but you are dumb 99.9% of the time. Have a good day bride" she retorted before clicking off the call. Laughing to her heart's content.

As Rufaidah is making dinner with so much love in her heart and questions in her mind, she mulled over what her cousin just said. What is her husband waiting for? Why is he holding himself back even though it clearly shows that he want to exercise his conjugal right on her. Should she give him the go ahead? Tell him it's okay even though she is scared but then it's Al'amin, he won't hurt her, not deliberately at least. He has been treating her well during the one month they spent together alone, he is attentive, caring and down to earth. She knew he is a bit funny but not to the extent that he showed her. He is religious too, never miss fajr nor qiyam al lail, he is conscious of his aakhirah more than he is of the world and it makes her proud that she is going to spend the rest of her life with a good man like him.