Chapter Twenty Three

husny19 & bafty21 this one is for you, in hopes that you'll love it like always. Thank you 😘

_________________________________________

Being a social recluse, Rufaidah has no idea how exhausting planning a wedding is, how demanding, frustrating and annoying it is. She can't remember ever attending a wedding and even if she did, she know that she won't have cared to ask about the details on how the events of the wedding become a success. Zubaidah being on her neck every damn time doesn't make things easy either.Poor gracious Mama called Mommy a week after the betrothal informing her of the things she already bought for Rufaidah and those of Reedah she is willing to give out.

It got to a certain point where she had to throw a tantrum, threatening Al'amin that he either do the preparations himself, cancel all the so called events that she's a hundred percent sure will be uncomfortable at or call off the wedding entirely. He had to beg her, calm her down and tell her to take it slow, that he doesn't want anything out of the ordinary and if it were left to him also, they will just have The Nikkah and a Walimah after that but his family and hers have outnumbered him hence, the numerous events.

The dress fitting, was also a disaster.

"Why can't I wear one of my Abayas to the wedding? It's my wedding am I not supposed to be the one to set the rules? Hajar are you also in support of this madness ?" she raked through the tangled mess of her hair in frustration as they reached home.

"It will soon come to pass and in shaa Allah it will be totally worth it" Hajar consoled feeling tired and angry for a missed day at school even though Rufaidah deserves every sacrifice.

The interior decorator called for the umpteenth time asking Rufaidah of her color preference. Tired of telling her to use her expertise and experience to bring the best out of her home, Rufaidah shouted "Paint the whole house black and leave me alone !"

"That's not fair you know, everyone has a color preference and she don't want to disappoint you. She doesn't deserve being shouted at for simply doing her job. Apologize to her and get some rest. You look like a mess" Hajar gently chided, feeling sorry for the interior decorator.

Rufaidah took some deep calming breaths before calling back the lady. She apologized telling her that she's under so much stress and that she should come over the next day so that they will choose colors that will suit her home.

"Don't let anyone wake me, even if the house is burning to ashes, allow me to die well rested " she ordered before banging her door to Hajar's and Ummi's shocked faces.

"You mean to tell me that she used to be this angry in the past? How do you handle an angry psycho? Am going home Ummi, I can't stay a minute more in this house" she lamented securing her veil and bag.

_________________________________________

It is a well known fact that love doesn't ask for permission before engulfing the heart, and fate doesn't wait for approval before joining two people destined to be together as one. The wedding Fatihah was the first event that joined Al'amin and Rufaidah in a beautiful halaal relationship that will hopefully bind them together till jannah in shaa Allah. They agreed that it should come first in order not to do anything haraam during the course of their wedding celebration as insisted by their families. It was Al'amin's brilliant idea that it comes first and everyone is happy about his thoughtfulness.

Immediately after the imam pronounced them husband and wife to the hearing of thousands of guests who witnessed the Fatihah, Al'amin bowed down in sujood with tears in his eyes thanking Allah azza wa jaal for making his life long dream come true. He fished out his phone with shaky hands and dialled his Noor who is now a part of him in every sense of the word.